Note / Sneak Peek

Hello,  I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far!   I'm sad to say that I'm busy for at least the next week due to finals and dorm move-out, so uploading until this is over seems unlikely ( though may not be impossible. )  That said,  here are some previews of things to come in this story.  Xoxo!  ♡

º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤

Ella was his beacon ; his light.  She combatted the darkness that hung over his shoulders and threatened to swallow him whole.  If she wasn't there, the monster that hides in those shadows would have nothing to hold it back.

º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤

Her eyes sting as they stare into Nick's gaze, his features once pinched in frustration evaporating into a gentleness she had only ever seen from him when he looked at Luciana in the infirmary.

º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤

Ella stumbled through the mess, her ears ringing from the frantic gunshots.  Everything felt disconnected, as if she were walking through a bad dream she would eventually wake from.

"Ella, stop!"  Nick whispers harshly, a look of desperation crossing his features. 

º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤

But now he was leaving her, breaking the promise he made so many years ago. And she hated that she believed him; hated the way her breath caught in her throat and her eyes stung by the very idea of being left behind while he went.

º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤

Ella could probably do it, despite never having fought once in her life.  If nothing else, she could have tried.  Maybe she should have tried.  Instead, she accepted what the world gave her with a bitter swallow.

º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤º~¤

I hope this gets you excited for the things to come ♡ 

Much love and appreciation,
AlyssaIrene