six

Sitting front row of a fashion show that was going to include your own designs was nerve wracking. Karlie bobbed her knee up and down as she waited for her line to be announced. There were so many big names here. Chanel, Armani, Gucci. And she was going to be running alongside them. Taylor sat neatly in her seat, her dress tail curled to the side. She pointed out every sparkly thing she saw. Jewellery, shoes, crowns, anything with the slightest bit of shine had value to Taylor. Karlie held Taylor's hand in an attempt to calm herself down and it worked almost instantly. Taylor squeezed gently and offered Karlie her signature smirk. She let Karlie hold Spoons and showed her how to pet him. Karlie almost missed her name being called she was so engrossed in listening to Taylor's voice.

"And now we have a special treat. The debut line of Karlie Kloss! Kloss has balanced classic evening wear with the anatomy of the mysterious water angel. Elegant feathered wings and shimmering sequins adorn these dresses. Karlie herself says that she was heavily inspired by her close companion, Taylor, who is a water angel herself. Her dresses are crafted with imperial satins, French laces, and imported leather."

Karlie felt every eye in the audience on her. On Taylor. On her work. Her heart was not giving her a single moment to relax. Taylor sensed it too. She squeezed Karlie's hand again, and Karlie looked at her. The bright lights truly made her look like an angel. Her ocean eyes sparkled and her red painted lips were curled into that adorable smile Karlie woke up for every morning.

She didn't expect the kiss Taylor gave her. But before she could register it Taylor's soft lips were on hers. It was brief, but it was special. It was gentle and loving. It was Taylor.

Karlie pulled away from the kiss when she heard the applause. She stared at the impressed faces of the crowd and managed a polite smile and wave before settling back down in her seat.

"They love you!" Taylor beamed.

"I love you," Karlie said.

"I love you too," Taylor replied.

~*~

~*~

Taylor liked the after party. She twirled around Karlie's arms as they danced to the music. Karlie had changed into a gilded ball gown, so they looked like two princesses - in the words of Taylor of course.

They laughed and danced the night away with their friends, Spoons the horse bouncing along with them. He was passed around like a party favour, Cara balancing him on her head to make Taylor laugh.

Taylor was complimented over and over for her dress, and each time she would proudly state that "her Karlie" had made it. Karlie would never understand what Taylor saw in her but she didn't question it right now. It was an honour to be thought so highly of by such a magnificent being.