nine

July turned into August. And then August turned into September. October came around and the flooding did not leave.

Neither did Taylor.

Seven whole months had passed in the water angel's presence. Seven whole months of pure joy to Karlie. She never brought up Taylor leaving after their night at Cara's. She was left with the question of when it would happen, knowing that it was inevitable. And so she spent every day showing Taylor how much she loved her until that day came. They never slept separately anymore. Karlie's bed was their bed. Karlie's everything was their everything in fact. Taylor even preferred to wear Karlie's clothes rather than her own.

Over the months that passed Karlie took Taylor to visit her parents, who found her to be a fascinating thing. Even Kurt quickly grew to like and live amongst Taylor , despite their obvious differences. He'd still mumble about the "Devil's workers" under his breath when she wasn't around. But Karlie would scold him and he'd apologise. Tracy thought Taylor was a darling and even bought her a small chest to put the little trinkets she found every day into. Taylor had beamed because the chest was pink with a glitter finish. She'd hugged Tracy and gave her a piece of her favourite tinfoil ball. Tracy stuck it to her fridge.

Ariana was grateful that Taylor had stuck around because Vogue had called and were itching to feature her and Karlie in their November issue. Karlie's fashion line was sky rocketing into success and she found herself answering interview emails and calls almost every day. Ariana was the proudest manager there was and practically begged Karlie to sign a modelling contract on top of her designing. Karlie said she'd think about it because she wanted to be around for Taylor until the "big day". That's what she called it now, the Big Day. It sounded less grim than "the day Taylor leaves."

Taylor's hair was long in the month of December

Taylor's hair was long in the month of December. She'd always towel dry it because she was scared of Karlie's blowdryer, so it would form into bouncy curls. Karlie loved them. She loved Taylor. She told her every day.

"You can't open your presents until tomorrow, Taylor," Karlie giggled as Taylor picked at the rose gold wrapping paper of one of her gifts.

"It's so shiny, Karlie," Taylor groaned, throwing her head back in frustration.

"You can have the paper tomorrow morning. Are you even excited about what I got you? Or do you just want to play with the wrapping?" Karlie laughed. It was nearing ten PM and she was decorating Christmas cookies. She watched Taylor sit under their Christmas tree with a scarf of red tinsel wrapped around her shoulders. Taylor didn't understand why they needed the tree at all. Or why they had to wait so long to open the presents. But she liked the way the ornaments sparkled and the songs that played on the radio, so she didn't question Christmas too much.