BGF Adventures #12: Frenemies

"I love him Karmen, and I'm sorry that it hurts you but I can't help how I feel and if you were my true friend then you would understand that. I still love you and I hope we can just continue on as normal".

I turned to Bradley, "how was that?"

"It was pretty good considering you said you love me."

He pulled me close to him and kissed me. "Lets just hope she forgives us."

At this moment I was happy. I was extremely happy. Karmen was definitely going to forgive me, I mean why wouldn't she? I'm in love with my ex-boyfriend. I'm gonna party like there's no tomorrow at the dance. There is literally nothing that could go wrong, at least nothing I could think of.

"Okay, let's go confront Karmen". I took a deep breath and entered the school while holding Bradley's hand. I could tell he was nervous because of his sweaty palms, but I was pretty sure my palms were sweaty for the same reason.

"Okay so I was thinking that Karmen is going to see us holding hands and then she'll try to run away or something like that and then-" I stopped in my tracks. I could feel Bradley trying to pull me another way but I wasn't going to budge.

"Ally let's go somewhere else".

I tugged away from Bradley and stormed toward Karmen who was lip locking with my ex-date Teddy.

"Karmen what the hell are you doing?". I said in a strong voice. They stopped kissing and looked at me.

"Hey Allison" Teddy said. In a dorky voice. That's what I like about him he's so awkward. I mean I liked. I gave him that smile that someone gives when there in a rush. (Like hi I'm busy let me give you this smile so I don't seem rude and so you can leave me alone).

"Teddy and I decided to go to the dance together".

"What do you mean decided to go to the dance together. You barely even talk to him."

"We'll I thought he needed some comforting after you basically forgot all about him and we started talking. Turns out we have a lot in common."

"That doesn't explain why you two are eating each others faces in the middle of the hallway."

"Because we like each other and were dating that's why, are you jealous or something?"

"What the hell Karmen, I know that your just doing this to get back at me for being with Bradley. You never had feelings for Teddy."

All of a sudden I felt an hand grasp my arm. It was strong and I assumed it was Bradley. I struggled away but he kept holding on.

"I just can't believe you would stoop this low Karmen. Teddy was my date. I had real feelings for him." I said, almost in a pleading tone.

"Yeah, he was your date." Karmen stepped closer to me"You see Ally, we all were friends and that's how it was supposed to stay. You ruined this not me."

I could see a tear drop forming at Karmen's eye, and with that. I started to tear up to. Was this friendship really over?

"But I love you Karmen, we are best friends."

"We were best friends" she flipped her red fiery hair as she turned around and walked away. Teddy following awkwardly behind her.

I put my shameful head down and turned around. I bumped into Bradley since he was right behind me, but ignored it and walked away. I was too upset to talk to him, to anybody. But I knew that Bradley was following me anyways. I ended up in the library. Where it basically all started, and sat down in the corner. Bradley sat next to me.

"I just can't believe she did that after all we've been through. I guess she's showing her true colors after all these years." I shook my head. "I'm not going to let her get to me. I can't"

"So are we still going to the dance?" Bradley asked.

"Definitely"