Ch. 4 ➣ "Tacos."

Corie's POV

"I'm only doing this to help you."

Shawn smiled, "thanks."

"I have rules" I say. Shawn looked at me with a confused face.

"They're simple, okay? No kissing, no hugs, and no feelings."

He needed a moment to think, "don't worry. I can't even picture it."

"Okay then, let's go," I grabbed his hands, intertwining them with mine, "we can hold hands. It's what every couple does."

"Oh− um okay."

We made our back into the party, locking hands. Eyes were on eyes, but I didn't pay attention to them. I just continued my way onto the dance floor.

The music started and everyone made their way over to the center. Anika and Carter were staring at us from the other side of the room, all raged up.

"Oh god, they're looking at us? What do we do?" Shawn stopped dancing as soon as he panicked.

"You dance!" I grabbed both of his hands, swinging them along with the sound of the music.

His face turned red, as he was trying not to be embarrassed.

"Pretend to laugh."

"What?"

"Pretend I said something funny, and laugh."

Shawn faked laugh and turned around to see if Anika was watching, but they were going upstairs. I hoped that Carter was going to do anything to her; he usually didn't to his new girls.

"Can we go outside? I feel dizzy," I lied. Shawn didn't have a chance to answer because I pulled him outside quickly.

I looked around, walking up and down the streets.

"What are you doing?

I ignored him. I spotted a bright yellow Lamborghini that basically shouted "owned by Carter Reynolds."

"Yes," I whispered to myself while imaginary devil horns grew on my head.

"Um. Corie?" Shawn unlocked our fingers.

"Just watch out for me, if anyone's coming."

If Carter loved anything more than sex and hurting a girl's feelings, it's his car. Cars− there are multiple ones as there are women in his life. This one, though, was a keeper. All shiny and new, it had to be messed with.

I did what any insane person with pent up hatred did− I grabbed a random piece of building wood from the neighboring house's garbage can and broke all the windows in with my strength. I would snoop around to pop the tires, but the car alarm was already off.

"Did you just−"

"Yes. You have Anika's keys right?"

Shawn held up them up innocently with his bambi eyes all wide, "yes?"

"Let's go," I gestured him to guide me over so we could avoid being caught.

"Wait, what?" He yelled at me. "We're stealing her car?"

"We're going to borrow it for a little." I took the keys away from him and sat in the driver's seat to start the engine.

"This is wrong," Shawn ran his fingers through his hair, "I'm gonna cry about this later."

"You're going to give back tomorrow! And don't feel guilty. Anika's not gonna feel guilty about you when she tongue is at the back of Carter's throat!"

"Fine," He gave up, sitting in the passenger's seat. I put in the keys, stepping on the gas accidentally too hard.

"We're going to die!" Shawn held on to his seat belt for dear life.

"No, it's okay, I heard that if you're under 20 we won't get a ticket if it's our first time!" I stepped on the pedal faster. I accidentally ran over a red light. Maybe I should slow down a little. I swear I'm a good driver, it's just the adrenaline.

"Please stop!"

"Say; Corie's the hottest girl I've ever seen!"

"No!" Shawn's grip on the seat belt grew tighter.

I passed a stop sign, making a sharp left almost running into a local bookstore.

"Okay! Corie's the hottest girl I've ever seen!"

"We're here anyways."

I parked the car in front of Taco Bell. Shawn opened his eyes, unbuckling himself from the car and ran outside.

"I thought I was going to die!"

"But you didn't."

I opened the door for him as he ran inside, hair a mess and heavy breathing.

"Why are we here?" Shawn asked after coming into his senses.

"Because you're probably hungry," I stepped into line, "boys are always hungry."

"What if I'm not?" And on cue, Shawn's stomach rumbled.

"I think you are," I laughed before ordering us a couple of tacos and drunks.

"How long do we have to do this?" He questioned while sipping on his drink.

"Until you get Anika," I took a bite of my taco. My phone rang suddenly, it was a call from Hailey.

"Corie! Someone just stole a car. And then trashed Carter's! You should of been here. This girl was in tears," She laughed.

"That's cool," I solely said before hanging up and eating again.

"Why'd you do that? It was mean."

"She's my bestfriend. I think she gets the message."

We walked out of Taco Bell with me holding a bag. It was an apology dinner to my mom for being home so late.

"I'm driving this time," Shawn took the keys from my hands. I rolled my eyes, getting into the passenger seat. He drove me home back to the party because I took my mom's car, no one was there to see us since it was late.

"Hey Corie," I turned back around and saw Shawn looking at me through the driver's window, "thanks for helping me."

"No problem. Just don't be stupid next time."

Oh god. Am I blushing?

"See you tomorrow," I went inside the car, shutting the door.

What just happened?