Ch. 14 ➣ "Yogurtland."

TW : Some parts are triggering to suicidal thoughts and mentions underaged drinking, smoking, and drug use. I suggest you skip this chapter if you are easily triggered

It was an awkward thing to do, but I wanted to know. I wanted to know the real Corie Anderson, not the one that everyone talks about.

"Why does it matter?" The other line spoke up.

"I want the truth."

"Well, can we do this face to face? If Corie ever finds out, she would be even more angrier if we did it through the phone."

"Sure. I'll meet you at Yogurt Land?" (A/N: YOGURT LAND IS THE SHIT OKAY)

"Yeah. Be there in five," I said before they hung up. I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs to talk to Aaliyah.

"Aaliyah, I'm going to Yogurt Land wanna come?"

"Yeah! Can I meet up with Erica there?"

We drove over and I bought some yogurt for Aaliyah, the person I was seeing, and I.

Erica arrived and I was glad she was early. I waited in the back for them to come. Soon, I see them walking though the door. I waved, telling them I was here, they walked to the table and sat down.

"We have to do this fast because I told my mom I was going to Corie's house."

"As long as you explain it," I ate a spoonful of my yogurt.

"Dave Franco. He was new and he was from a private school in New York. Dave had a perfect record there– he was smart, huge ego, a flirt, and known to cause trouble. He wasn't the type to have a girlfriend either. A couple days later after everyone heard about his arrival, Taylor introduced him to our group. I don't know why, but Corie and him just clicked. A month later they went out. They were dating that whole year, it was the relationship you would always want. They were like inseparable to the point that Nash and I secretly hated them together.

During summer, I was hanging with Nash and Cameron as usual. We were skateboarding, nothing weird. I got a call from Corie though and she NEVER calls. The only time she called me first was when she asked cucumbers were a fruit or vegetable. When I picked up, she was panicking and crying. I ran as fast as I could to her house and rushed up to her room. She was curled up into a little ball. Her makeup was messed up, her cheeks were flaming red, and her eyes were red. Like, if you were high, but you know she wasn't.

I came over everyday, for a month. Every time I did, she would be crying. Every single time,I opened that door. She was in tears, she wouldn't even tell me what happened. I didn't ask, because I didn't want to make it worse. So, I called Dave. And I remember his exact words. 'I moved to New York. Please tell her I love her, I'll be back soon.'

Which was complete bullshit, because he didn't. He wouldn't even answer our calls or messages! At the end up of the month, I took Corie out . Get some fresh air, take her mind of things. It didn't take long until she collapsed into tears again. I dragged her back into the house and spent the night over in the living room. Her mother wasn't going to be back until the start of school that year because of a business trip and Mackenzie was off doing things she wasn't suppose to do. It was all up to me to help her. I couldn't leave her.

Cameron invited me this concert in LA. Of course I said yes, and wanted Corie to come. She didn't obviously. She was too depressed. It killed me so much to see her like that. I knew she wasn't happy, I knew she wanted to die. I wasn't going to let that happen. Everyday I called her to make sure she was okay.

The first thing I did was drive to Corie's house when I came back. And... I never should've left her. There were alcohol bottles everywhere, cigarette buds.. I think she was trying to kill herself but she didn't have any courage to do it right away. I'm not sure, I did know that she wanted to go away.

She wasn't Corie Anderson. Her tanned perfect face, was pale and lifeless. Her plum pink lips were chapped with some cuts on the bottom. Her hair was a greasy mess and her eyes were still red and I believe it was because she had more alcohol in her system than food. I guess to summarize it, she looked more of a corpse.

I asked her, "What the hell have you done to yourself." I didn't mean to imply it in a mean way, I was too mad at myself because I left her.

She replied, "I'm so happy," before her eyes rolled back and she passed out. I looked at what she had in her hand– a small ziplock of some type of drug. God, she literally had everything your health teachers tell you to avoid putting in your body.

I was completely off guard, I didn't know what to do at first. I said to her. "You're a mess, inside and out. Get your ass up because from here on out, you're going to get better."

I dragged her to the goddamn hospital so they could help her– she went through rehab there. They had her on anti-depressants, Xanax, she was on suicide watch for three weeks. When she got discharged I made sure she didn't look so awful either. For an excuse I said that Corie had the flu for a week and a severe allergic reactions so the guys wouldn't bother– she didn't want them to know. She was too embarrassed over what happened.

Shawn, if I wasn't there for her, she wouldn't be alive right now. Dave ruined her, she ruined herself too. Why do you think Corie fell apart when he left? He convinced her that she needed him to stay alive, that's why she wanted to kill her self so badly. He manipulated her mind into thinking that– I told the guys that part at least. That's what happened between Dave and Corie."

I felt tears prickle my eyes, I didn't think it would this bad. I was wrong, I was so wrong. Corie isn't a bad person. She's just been through so much. I stood up my seat and shook their hand.

"Thanks for telling me, Hailey."

"Just don't tell Corie, wait until she tells you."

And with that, she left.