Ch. 45 ➣ "It's my fault."

- Nash's POV -

"You're lucky you're rich," The cop said and unlocked the bars in front of me, "I'll return your stuff after your friend here finishes signing the papers."

Cameron was holding a pen in his hand, reading over the documents. My parents probably helped him out, I heard him talking on the phone with someone.

I sat down on the chair, covering my face. I couldn't process what just happened. We were all laughing and making jokes and the next minute Shawn's dead and Corie's losing her memory.

"I dare you... to make out with Corie.. in front of Mahogany." Sammy smirked.

Everyone else looked at each other, doubting Sammy's dare. My face was turning red with anger and I had to dig my nails into my skin to stop myself from exploding. He knew Shawn and Corie still liked each other— he just wanted a laugh out of it.

"He isn't going to do it, why should we even waste our time playing truth or dare? Let's go to the movies or-" Corie tried to say, but Shawn got up and grabbed her face, kissing her.

My eyes widened in horror as I watched it all happen. Corie deserved to be with someone who treated her well after all the hell she's been through. She needed someone better than Dave, the fucker who threw their relationship away like trash and Shawn, the pathetic guy who just used her to cheat on his current girlfriend.

I didn't like him at all— I might even have him. Because the next thing I did was unexpected, even for me.

"NASH" Corie yelled.

I grabbed Shawn's shirt and punched him. Punch, after punch— over and over. It was like a blind rage, I couldn't see anything.

My knuckles started to hurt, but I didn't care. That's what he gets for hurting me, for hurting Corie, even Mahogany— it's only fair. I punched him as hard as I could– I wanted to kill him.

Someone, I think Mahogany, tried to pull me off but I pushed them back. I didn't mean to.

Cameron and someone else pulled me off too, throwing me on the floor. They were holding me down to stop me from doing any more damage. Shawn was laying lifeless on the ground while my Corie was holding her head.

Policemen came and people began scattering everywhere. It wasn't until I was being handcuffed and saw Corie being taken into the ambulance when I realized what I had done.

"Corie.." I whispered as I was shoved in the back of the car.

Cameron stood in front of me with a disappointed look. I got up and walked outside to the car. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge.

"Cameron— open the door."

"You're fucking crazy," Cameron shook his head.

"What?"

He walked closer to me, "did you not remember what happened? Why would you even think to do that in the first place? 'Oh yeah, I'm Nash. I think killing Corie's ex-boyfriend will make her love me more' no, it didn't. It just put his life at risk and hers. I don't know what you were thinking, but that was stupid. What are the fans going to think? You know how much hate Corie will get? She just wanted to hang out with her friends again and this happened."

I stood there. Not knowing what to do. I guess I didn't know what would happen after. I thought that Shawn would be fine, not talk to me, Corie would forgive me, and everyone would just shrug it off for the fans.

"Now Shawn's dead and Corie's losing herself," Cameron unlocked the car and got in. The ride was longer than usual.

"Where are we–"