Understand

"You wouldn't understand."

"Then help me to."

"It isn't that simple."

"Please, Freya."

"Let go of me, Jack. Let me go."

He releases his hold on my arm, allowing me to pull away.

"So that's it? I don't get an explanation? Nothing?"

"I told you, I just can't-"

"Save it, Frey. I trusted you, gave you everything; and now you won't even tell me why this has to end." He spreads his arms out wide; frustration, anger and desperation radiating from him like heat from the sun and I have a feeling we're both going to get burnt.

"I don't want it to be like this, Jack. You have to believe that."

"How can I? I love you Freya and it's like I never meant anything to you. You're throwing it away like it's nothing and I'm supposed to be ok with that?"

"You think I don't love you too? You think it isn't killing me to do this right now? Jack, walking away from this, from us, will be the hardest thing I've ever had to do."

"Then don't."

He can't begin to understand how much I wish I could. How much I want him to pull me into his arms and pretend none of this was happening.

But I can't.

Tears begin to roll down my face as I slam the door on the most perfect thing in my life.

"I'm sorry, Jack."

And with that I turn and hurry down the corridor. Away from Jack, and away from any future we may have had. I wish I could tell him why, but he wouldn't understand.

No one would understand.

----------------------------------

Just a little one, vote & comment if you want xo

Have you ever had your heart broken? x