Bee

Can someone please explain why anytime I go outside, a bee decides to chase after me.

My only form of exercise is running from these fucking bees.

I'm just trying to eat my lunch in the blissful 45 minute break I get from school, but no, it's plagued by the flying fuzz of death that insists on landing on me whilst I attempt to enjoy my ham sandwich. All I want is to enjoy the sun with my friends, but do I get that? No.

I just get laughed at when I run across the courtyard screaming as it flies after me. None of my friends get chased by the bee. Just me. So when it comes to Wednesday, I'm pretty sure I know what to expect when I settle down for lunch.

I manage to finish my sandwich before it makes an appearance, and as per usual I scream. The boys sat on the bench next to us look over but I'm too scared to care, getting up and running.

I take a glance behind and see it as it flies after me, that one second glance over my shoulder was all it took for me to go running straight into Dean's chest.

"Woah."

"Oh my God I'm so sorry I just-" I pause, my eyes going wide.

"Just what?"

"Bee." I look behind me, eyes squinted in fear only to find the bee sat happily on my arse. My head snaps towards Dean. "There's a bee on my arse."

"Uh," he leans over my shoulder, "oh wow, yeah there actually is."

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, what the fuck do I do?"

"Hang on, stay still." He leans closer, so that my face is almost buried in his chest and I feel him swipe his hand over my arse quick.

"Is it gone? Has it flown away?"

He laughs, pulling me away from his by the arms, "Yeah, you're good."

I sigh in relief.

Then I go bright red. I'd been so caught up in my fear of the bee, that I'd only just actually processed what just happened.

"I'm so sorry."

He shakes his head, laughing. "Don't worry about it."

But I was. I was reliving the embarrassment over and over again. A constant gag reel of my face, mouth open wide with fear, my body, running aimlessly into the solid chest of the beautiful Dean Newton, my high pitched screaming as I gallop across the courtyard like a three-legged deer.

God, I'm an embarrassment.

That's when I see something. "Oh, you have a money spider on your shoulder." I say calmly, pointing to Dean's right shoulder.

His eyes go wide and he yells loudly, jumping around and swiping at his body as fast as he can. Shaking his head and waving his arms as he goes.

"Is it gone? Is it gone? Please tell me it's gone." He shouts to me as he continues to jump around.

He walks closer to me and I inspect his shoulder, finding the spider still sat there, content. I gently move the spider to the floor with my finger. "There, it's gone."

He sighs in relief and his whole body visibly sags. "How're you scared of bees but chill with spiders?" He asks.

"Bees STING. Spiders can't do anything."

"Yeah but spiders are...spiders. They're just terrifying."

I shrug, "Not to me."

"Huh."

After what I'd just witnessed, I'm no longer feeling embarrassed about my own freak out. Dean went completely nuts over the tiniest spider I've ever seen, at least mine was reasonable.

"Anyway, if you ever need any help with any bee troubles in the future, give me a shout." He says, beginning to walk away backwards, still facing me.

"Will do, same goes for your spider troubles."

"I'll keep it in mind." He replies, winking at me before turning away.