-----CHAPTER ONE-----

Author's note: The music isn't really relevant so  it's up to you to listen whether you listen to it or not.

They say they'll help us grow up. I wanna see that myself. My curiosity got the best of me, My friends and I were sitting in kids main area. The kids main area was surrounded by the colour of blue, because blue can actually make you feel calm and relax. Me on the other hand, I feel quiet the opposite! 

If you were a boy, you had to wear a blue shirt over a white cotton thin jacket that had no sleeves, if you were a girl, you'd wear something that looks light purple, but it isn't purple, it was some shade that LOOKED like purple. 

In the kids main area, we have breakfast here, creative arts, one of us gets pulled out to 'help us grow up', little bit of learning, lunch, someone gets pulled out, letter writing, arts and crafts, someone gets pulled out, dinner, competition, someone gets pulled out, last but not least, supper. But during these events, no one is ever to leave this room unless you were needed, pulled out to have an operation, or going to bed, And just to make sure that doesn't happen, there are few doctors and nurses that are on a look out.

Once someone gets pulled out, they don't come back again. Some say that after the operation, they got sent home.

While NO ONE was watching, I even triple checked everything, I checked the nurse and doctors watching pattern. I could just easily slipped by. 

I crept to the doors that leads to a round hallway that loops around the kids room. On the outside there were doors leading to other places, like rooms, bedrooms, storage rooms, meeting rooms ect. That's good because I can hide in one of those random rooms if I hear someone is coming so that I don't get spotted, because I don't know whats gonna happen to me if I was out here. After I checked if the coast was clear, which it was, I went up to the very last room, sly as a fox, not making any sound. 

The door was open slightly, ever just a crack. The doctors and nurses were walking everywhere with a clipboard and pen in their hands, writing down things, checking tubes that probably had chemicals in them and communication with one another. But there it was, the mother of all machines, just sitting in the middle of the room. 

The intercision machine! 

It has already swallowed and caged a child on one side and their daemon on the other. All that was left to do is digest them . . . I looked carefully at the child. She had long black slick hair. Clean smooth skin. Scared brown eyes. Her lips curved into a frown. Her arms crossed, clearly showing that she was pissed off. 

It was Carmen Amodeo. 

One of my best friends. Her African Black Crake, Anton, was just sitting on the other side, walking in circles. I could tell that he was nervous, and if he was nervous, so is Carmen. 

Carmen slightly moved her head to look at the door then notice me. She lifted her head and looked around to see if anyone was checking. She shook her head violently and made shooing gesture. 

First of all! I would just like to say . . .

I.

AM.

NOT.

A.

PIGEON.

!

I ignored her.

She didn't buy that. 

" GO!! GET OUT OF HERE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!! THEY MEAN TO KILL US ALL!!!" She yelled which grabbed the attention from everyone inside. 

"Someone's watching us!" A male voice snapped. 

Damn you, Carmen!

I started running down the hall, calmly entered the kids main area and I sat down quickly and easily blended in with my friends and one sister.