-----CHAPTER EIGHT-----

"Come on, let's get you ready" Emeline held her hand out to me, I reached out and took it as she helped me slip out of bed. When my foot came in contact with the ground, I actually felt alright.

Great, I probably look like an idiot! I thought.

Once Emeline was satisfied with this, she left the room to go to her dorm to get changed. I went to my wardrobe that was next to my large window. I swung open it's doors, pulled the first draw out to grab me self some black ripped skinny jeans. I closed the drawer and moved aside to grab a simple white and plain shirt from a coat hanger. I went back to the drawers and pulled the bottom corner right to grab a pair of socks. I pushed the drawer back in and closed my wardrobe's doors. I backed away to sit on my bed and wait for something to happen, in this case, I am waiting for my sister's return.

When she did, she whispered in my ear, " This doesn't look good, Denise! . . . Samaria, Alexina, Rosana and Lyra have been pulled out, too. On the bright side, at least they are waiting for us outside of the entrance to the dining hall." Emeline took my hand and we started to make our way out.

The group that was waiting for us, came rushing towards Emeline and I. "Have you seen that airship?! That isn't good! it's the administrator from Bolvanger, you know! The boss! Only this person doesn't know what we look like because, 'It' first arrived on the night that we escaped from the North, just to recall everything. None of yous were paying attention when it landed." Samaria said as she shook me violently by the shoulders.

"Okay? Who here has gotten us all in trouble?!" Rosana snapped.

" I don't know, but the only way to find out is to see what he wants" said Emeline in attempt to calm everyone's nerves down. 

We all walked together with Emeline in front of us all, by the time we entered the dining hall, we all huddled in a tight group except for Emeline, she was somehow braver than us all. We walked quickly to the master's head table, stood behind a row of empty chairs, none of us making any eye contact with the master, not even Emeline.

"Children! it looks like you've seen a ghost! Please, sit down!" said the master. No one said a comment, they gladly took their seats since the Master seems to be in a good mode. "Lyra, please explain why you have 72 incident reports within 1 month? and why haven't you attended any of you classes lately?" said the Master directing his attention to Lyra. As a response, Lyra just shrugs. 

" Denise, why are you running away from your nurse! and why were you out of Jordan College grounds! Anything could of happened to you while you were out there-" The Master snapped.

"That was my fault!" Lyra butted in.

"Lyra!" The Master snapped again. 

"Most of all, why have all of your tutors have reported that you all missed your classes numerous times? I know you girls don't always understand our need to educate you, but sometimes you must do what other . . . Think . . . Best" The master trailed off.

We were all confused, we chattered to one another until we heard a new voice that non of us recognize. "But I disagree master"  

We all turned around to see a women dressed fully in gold, her short hair is curled beside her face, she had blue sparkling eyes, pink lips that curved into a very friendly smile.

"Mrs Coulter!" Said the Master who looks much more paler than before, it was like his blood had drained from his face and rushed to hide in his toes. He seems much more nervous and worried. He stood up, making everybody else besides us six girl, stand up. We all had no idea what was happening, we girls just turn our bodies towards Mrs Coulter and waited for something to happen.

Mrs Coulter stares at each and every one of us, as if we were a different main course, or as if we were her delicious next meal. Something in the air just felt . . . Off . . . Like. . . As if something wasn't right. Then my gut made a stirring feeling, telling me that this woman is not to be trusted.

Oh Denise! Cut it out! You never met the woman, I said to myself.

Why am I feeling this way . . . Why I am more confused than before?

"When I was a young woman, I knew that no one could truly ever understand me. . . Except, of course, my daemon. . . And that it would be best if we were to do as we pleased?" She smiled at Rosana. 

Rosana returned the smile back. I caught Samaria locking her eyes on mine, she then rolls her eyes and shake her head. Obviously she was feeling sort of the same way as I. I nodded my head to tell her that I understand what she's feeling.

"Sit down gentleman" The golden woman said as she walks towards me, pulled a chair that was just right next to me and sat down. I made eye contact with the Master, he knows that I am uncomfortable with this woman sitting next to me. . . But he still doesn't know that we went to Bolvanger and the North. Scoresby simply made a lie up, that we were just lost and abandoned kids from a village.

"Uhh - Mrs Coulter, this is our Denise Lev Mathheakis and Emeline Fay Mathheakis, they are both sisters-" The Master started.

"Twins!" Emeline corrected him.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, they are twins. Denise was first born and Emeline was the second, they both are currently orphans," The master continued.