-----CHAPTER SIX-----

Just then, two men walked in. One in a black formal suit and one in a green formal looking jacket, with a gray coat, white shirt and a black tie.

"The Master asked me to decant a bottle of bourbon 1995 for you, Lord Asriel. He remember you were partial to it"

"Thank you"

The guy in the black suit exited the room, leaving the I-Think-To-Be Lord Asriel. Lord Asriel pulled out a chair and slumped himself down, he grabs the Bourbon, unscrewed the lid, grabbed one of the wine glasses and poured himself a drink. He was about to take a sip, then all of a sudden, a plot twist happened. Lyra pushed the doors open and ran towards him. "LYRA!!" I yelled as I stepped out. Lyra smacked the drink out of Lord Asriel's hands before it reached his lips, the wine glass fell to the ground, shattered everywhere along with powdered Bourbon. Lord Asriel grabbed Lyra's wrist. "LYRA!! D-DENISE!! GIRLS!-"

"IT'S POISONED!"

"NONSENSE! DON'T TRY TO CHANGE THE SUB-"

"IT AIN'T NONSENSE!! DENISE AND I WITNESSED A MAN FROM THE MAGISTERIA POURED SOME POWDER INTO THE WINE!!" She yelled. Lord Asriel looked down, Lyra yanked her wrist back. Asriel looked at the main entry door, a lot of voices were coming this way, he looks back at us two. "Both of you, go back in there, keep your eyes open and your mouth shut, go on!" Lyra turned around and walked straight into the wooden wardrobe and closed the door on her side, "Denise! What are you waiting for? go inside!" I felt like I couldn't move throughout this shock, until someone grabbed my shoulder and gently yanked me back, "Denise. Trust me. Don't go on his bad side" Lyra whispered, I turned around, stepped inside and closed the door behind me. I lowered myself to sit crossed legged. One second later, I heard the doors opened, voices already flooding the room with chatter.

"Ah! Lord Asriel, this is a rare pleasure! May I introduce, erm? Fra Pavel from the Magisterium" said someone that sounded familiar, perhaps the Master?

"We've never met, but I follow your exploits . . .Closely, Lord Asriel" It sounded like the man that poisoned the Bourbon. I slowly went on my knees and looked out the funny shaped glass window. It IS him. Fra Pavel is his name? That'll be noted!

"That's what the smell is! Master, Gentlemen, I shall go straight to the point! Hunt, the lights!" Lord Asriel moved towards the brown table, placed a Photo-O-gram into a projector. He professionally turned on the difficult looking machine. The projector shot out it's image from the Photo-O-Gram that was inside, A man in the snow, Golden spects flying to his daemon and the man that was waving at the screen, the aurora above him shown a faint city.

"This photo grail is taken at the magnetic north pole. In Svalbard. Kingdom of the Ice Bears" He said, I gasped. I slapped my hands over my mouth preventing any sound to escape my mouth. Lyra shot me a look, "What? What is it?" she whispered, "N-nothing, I'll tell you later where it's safe to tell"

"Promise?" she said

"Of course! I promise!" I replied back to her, we both looked out of the fancy glass window and observed.

"Lord Asriel, is that light rising from the man's body or is it coming down?" said a gentlemen sitting next to the Master.

"Oh no, um, that's coming down from the sky, but that's not light. . . It's Dust"

Chatters began to break out, few of them looked either scared or nervous. I could understand them. Dust flowing out from this men means his death is surely coming within a few minutes or a good fifty seconds.

"What's Dust?" Lyra whispered

" I don't know! It can't be the normal sort, they got plenty of that here" Pan whispered back, Lyra couldn't help but crack a smile. What so funny about death?