☁ 1 ☁

I sighed as I saw multiple couples seem to be "in love" while i walked home from school. All I could focus on was the small, black letters on the top of each person's wrist, about right where the hand and wrist connect. I wish everyone could see the names, then no one would ever be heartbroken or sad about love or feel alone, they'd just know who the love of their life is, and everything would be as simple as that. But no one else can see the names... not that I know of at least.

You see, I was born with this weird ability to see people's soulmate's names on their wrists. It was so weird when I was younger because I didn't know I was the only one who saw these "carvings" if you will, on literally everyone else's wrists. So one day, I think I was about year 1 or year 2, I saw this boy with jet black hair like mine and he was a bit taller than me, not much different really, but one huge difference that I couldn't seem to get out of my head was that he has small, black, cursive letters written on his wrist, and I didn't.

I was worried that I didn't have the letters "Sonu Sulgi" on my wrist too, thinking maybe it was something we were supposed to have for the class that I had forgotten or something, so i walked up to the boy and asked him why he had written on his arm and who "Sonu Sulgi" was. To say the least, I never gave up when the boy denied the letters being there and it didn't end too well. The boy ended up scared of me and crying, and I got in trouble for "acting crazy to scare the other kids."

When I got home later that day, I saw my mum's wrist had a name on it, my dad's name. That's around the time I started realizing what the small names were, but I never had one, so I just thought if I waited, I'd get one too. So I waited, and waited. And then, before I knew it, 10 years had pasted and I still have no name. Maybe I just don't have a soulmate, maybe I'm just not meant for love, that's what I've convinced myself anyways.

But whatever it may be, I've excepted it and just go about my days as normally as I can. It's hard though when you can see the names in even photographed pictures of people. And when you can't tell anyone because they'll think you're insane or ask you over and over again to tell you the name on their wrists, of course I say no now because I don't like being laughed at if I answer like what's happened in the past.

If anyone were to ask me if I believed in love and fate and all that crap, I'd say yes because I've seen it everyday of my life, but I want to say no because if it's all real, why don't I have it yet everyone else does?

I groaned as I took the book-size thick stack of homework papers out of my bag and set them on my desk in front of me. "No way can I get this all done by tonight!" I though as I shoved two earbuds into my ears and blasted my music into my head, munching away at the snacks I had brought into my room as I began at work at the homework in front of me.

I was in the middle of my second page of history homework when my music hushed itself, indicating I had gotten a notification from somewhere. I turned to look at the time on my clock, reading 6:52pm. I had been working on homework for almost a full three hours! I deserved a break, and some more food, so I got up from my desk seat in my room and shuffled to the kitchen to make some ramen quickly. I poured the ramen into a bowl and put all the dishes into the sink and padded back to my room, sitting myself on my bed and under my nice, warm, covers and fluffy blankets.

As I began slurping away at my ramen, I pulled my phone out and looked at my notifications, seeing a couple. A few messages from a usually dead group chat with all my friends, two messages from my parents asking how I was doing, and lastly, a post on Felix's Instagram account.

[ written on :: 05-03-2018 ]

[ word count :: 774 ]

[ a/n : hellooo~ im sorry this wasn't as great as i wanted it to be, but i needed to get some background info out on Jeongin and his lil 'secret' and such... but i hope you all kinda enjoyed? obviously it's gonna be better next chapter bc that's when things will really start to get going and such and this is just the first chapter oof... what do you all think the post on Lix's insta is about? will it be important? whats gonna happen? oooo i hope you're all doing well and i hope you enjoy this chapter/double update today :) im going to tRY to have an updating schedule kinda for this story so im thinking like every Saturday (my time) so that i update every week? idk we'll try it and see how it works oof .. anyways, thank you guys for reading and i hope you all have a amazing rest of your day/night~ love you all and take care of yourselves~! Fighting~! <3