Chapter 2

Hey everyone, I just want to apologize, this part ended up being a lot longer than I intended, I promise parts will be shorter in the future. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!
- M

Loki

As Loki was walked up the stairs, he couldn't help but notice the terrible conditions of the steps and walls. They were all made of cracked gray concrete. It seemed odd that any part of Thanos's mansion could possibly be plain.

   As he watched though, the concrete turned into polished gold stairs and the walls around him turned into glass. Through Loki doubted very much that they were actually glass, one way mirrors were more like it. Loki knew from experience how to recognize them.

As they reached the top of the steps, the guards shifted slightly closer to Loki. It was the first sign shown that they were actually worried he might escape. Which of course Loki was perfectly capable of doing, however for the time being he was choosing not to. Thanos could prove to be a valuable ally, and if there was a chance that Loki could walk out of this place and have Thanos on his side than he had to at least try.

Loki was lead through a maze of corridors and up one more flight of steps and then through a double set of doors that lead to the throne room. He had always had a taste for grand things and he had to admit it was grand. Everything in sight was made of gold or "glass."

And then there was Thanos. He was sitting in a ginormous purple diamond throne that stretched all the way from floor to ceiling.

   Loki's mouth went slightly dry at the sight. So much power. He craved it.

The guards at his sides pushed him towards the throne. Loki walked forewords until he was standing directly in front of Thanos.

Thanos lowered his eyes so he was staring down on him.

"Kneel." Kneel. The word clattered around in Loki's head and he just barely resisted the urge to snarl. In his mind he envisioned his claws curling around Thanos's throat. He could practically feel the sensation of Thanos's life draining out beneath his fingertips.

With sheer force of will Loki repressed the urge, subconsciously clenching and unclenching his hands at his sides. Loki would have his time, he would. He took a deep breath. All good things come to those who wait.

Mourning the last shreds of his dignity, Loki sunk to his knees.

"Forgive me," Loki paused refusing to say the word master. "But are we not allies? Should I not be allowed to to stand by your side?" Thanos rose so he towered over Loki.

"I hold all the power in the universe. I am the universe. You, you are merely my subject. Even for that you should feel honored. I have spared your life and given you the chance to serve me. It seems you do not realize the gift you have been given."

   Thanos paused and Loki's blood froze in his veins. Hatred. Pure hatred ran through Loki's blood. HE WAS A GOD! How dare Thanos speak to him like some slave. Just as Loki was going to rise, Thanos spoke again.

"Guards, show this child how merciful I have been. Maybe then he will be grateful for the chance he has been given." The guards at Loki's sides rose and pulled him to his feet. Before Loki could react, his whole body went paralyzed and he crumpled to the floor.

Loki tried desperately to move but his body wasn't working. Panic settled in Loki's chest. Thanos had hit his greatest fear. Loki's heart began pounding in his chest, not being in control. He couldn't stand not being in control.

Loki watched in horror as the guards picked his arms up and began to drag him away.

Thor