Chapter 6

Welcome to chapter 6! Thank you all for continuing to read my story even though it may be trash🙃 I hope you all enjoy and feel free to leave comments or suggestions
- M

Loki

Loki stood outside of Stark's rooms feeling incredibly unsure of himself. They were nowhere near where Loki himself was supposed to be staying but for some reason his body had led him here.

   Well actually he was quite sure of what that reason was, but just the fact that he was asking Tony Stark for help made him want to hurl. Or slap someone, particularly himself because his mind kept playing tricks on him and he was getting awfully tired of it.

   Very slowly Loki lifted a hand and tapped on Stark's door. For a moment he was met with only silence before Tony's voice sounded from the other side.

   "What do you want Loki?" The door flew open and Stark stood in front of him trying to look casual. To anyone else it may have been believable but Loki was no fool.

   "How did you know it was me?" Stark smirked slightly.

   "FRIDAY's helpful like that." Loki's eyebrows rose,

   "Ah, the women in the walls. I don't believe we've been properly introduced." Tony merely stared at him not letting on a hint of emotion.

   "She's not interested in meeting you." Loki forced a poisonous smile in the other man's direction.

   "I see."

   "What do you want Loki? I'm not super fond of people waking me up in the middle of the night, so you better have a damn good reason for being here." Well, apparently Stark was in no mood for small talk.

   "That's a lie. You weren't sleeping, you hardly ever sleep. It's one of the things that makes us so alike."

   Tony's hard and unflinching eyes met Loki's amused and taunting ones. He opened his mouth to continue but Stark cut him off.

   "You better be careful, I could have you thrown out of here in a second. Then where would you go? Huh? Who would take in the man who tried to destroy this planet only a couple years ago?"

   All the amusement drained from Loki's body, replaced with coldness.

   "I came to you Stark because I need to ask you a favor." The words tasted bitter coming out of his mouth. "Believe me, I wish I wasn't here just as much as you do, but you're the only person I know to turn to. Savor this moment because it won't come again."

   Tony Stark stared at him for several moments, face unchanging. Then slowly a cocky smirk appeared and he stepped back, dramatically allowing Loki to enter the room.

   "Well then, please, enter, my services are at your disposal." The words were dripping with sarcasm and Loki fought the urge to sneer.

   Once inside Tony sat down into one of his chairs among the various very fancy tech stuff that Loki had absolutely no idea what did.

   Not really sure where he was supposed to go, Loki merely stood nearby.

   Stark stared at him expectantly. With a deep breath, Loki shred the remains of his dignity.

   "When I was being tortured, they put these chains on me that suppressed my magic. I thought it would return as soon as they took them off but it still hasn't returned to normal and it's affecting my mind and I can't seem to return to how I was before." Loki looked up at the other man.

   "Well that's tragic and all but I'm not seeing how it involves me." Without realizing it Loki had begun pacing.

   "I'm afraid that the chains may have permanently damaged my magic." Saying the words out loud made his heart speed up and he had to force himself to calm down.