one

The warm sunlight bathed Jimin's milky skin. His petite stature squirmed in the golden rays until his eyes opened, revealing excited orbs.

Jimin instantly sprang out of bed and ran downstairs, expecting to see a birthday cake like every year. Just like always, he was gladly pleased when he witnessed a cake with a big eighteen on it and his father across the cake, reading a newspaper.

"Good morning, appa!"

"Good morning, Jimin." His father cooed while staring at his son in a loving manner. "Hurry up and eat your cake, because we have things to do!"

Jimin nodded and happily devoured his cake. Putting away the dirty dishes, he gazed at his father.

"Appa, are you okay?"

The older man flinched at the younger's words. He looked at his son nervously and replied, "O-Of course I am."

Jimin knitted his brows together, obviously not believing him, but decided not to push the subject and go get ready to leave.

-

"Wow!" Jimin exclaimed as him and his father walked through the crowd of people.

Rollercoasters spiraled above them while happy screams surrounding them. Popcorn was crunching beneath their sandals as the scent of cotton candy filled their nostrils.

The overwhelming excitement finally made Jimin snap, he left his father's side and got engulfed in the crowd. He was heading straight towards his favorite ride, but ran into someone in the process.

"Jimin! Jimin! Argh, Jimin. There you are. . ." His father suddenly stopped talking as he stared at the man Jimin bumped into with an unreadable expression. The boy didn't think much of the older's odd behavior as he just simply apologized and continued heading towards his favorite ride.

His father was about to follow him, but froze when the man grabbed his arm. "The Malum will obtain him tonight. We will be waiting." Once the words left his mouth, he silently left, leaving no room for ifs and buts.

Visibly gulping, Mister Park dreaded the forthcoming evening.

"Appa! Appa? What's taking you so long?"

"C-Coming, Jimin!"

-

The summer breeze was warm and refreshing when it hit Jimin's while he ate cotton candy.

Him and his father gazed up at the dark sky and watched the stars twinkle.

Jimin swallowed his delicious treat and frowned when a thought crossed his mind. Laying on the cool grass, he murmured, "Is e-eomma up there. . .?"

His father was silent for a moment, but then whispered in a heartfelt manner, "Yes. . . Yes, she is. Watching down on you and me. . ."

Jimin smiled at the thought of his mother, remembering her similar eye smile and small hands.

Suddenly, the older one got a call and he reluctantly answered it, walking off.

The teenager decided to close his eyes as he waited for his father, but when he open them again there was the man he bumped to earlier standing above him.