sixteen

The wind whistled against the window, refusing to let Jimin get a single wink of sleep, but when the whistling turned into banging, the boy shot up from his bed.

What a terrible sight to be seen, creeping upon his bedroom window. It was the Lobo who tried to kidnap him a couple nights before. They smashed the window, crawling in like shadows.

As they crept closer to Jimin, he realized he was incapable of screaming, he was too scared pass the point of uttering a single word. The boy did not need to yell though, because Jungkook was already there, pushing the door open.

The door slamming against the wall brought the attention to Jungkook instead of Jimin. They pounced onto the older, but quickly retreated when his eyes turned a murderous scarlet.

The Lobo vanished into the night as the broken window let in the bitter wind. Jimin began to shiver as tears ran down his face, Jungkook was already next to him.

"W-Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why does everyone want to kidnap me!?"

Jungkook gazed down at his feet, chewing at his cheek.

"You're special, Jimin."

The boy looked at the older, aghast. He shook his head back and forth while chuckling awkwardly, "Excuse me? Special?"

Jungkook solemnly nodded his head, regretting being so truthful.

"Your body is a shell for an ungodly power, a kind of power if controlled by one person or group means they have ultimate control as long as they have it. The power just hasn't awaken yet so you are theoretically a ticking time bomb until it was awaken. Jimin, you are the most valuable thing I've ever seen."

Jimin was left speechless, this was all too much for the younger.

"You're lying. . ."

"You are the baby of a zombie, no one is like you."

"What!?"

"When your father and mother was young and she was pregnant, there was a car accident. A car accident that killed your mother and theoretically you too, but I heard your father's pleas for aid. That's when I made a deal with him, knowing what I would create. I created the power that's rests within you. I made sure you born and lived a healthy life until the age of eighteen when I collected you. . ."

"You're so cruel."

Jungkook couldn't look at the crying boy, he whispered, "I'm sorry."

"Get away from me. . ." Jimin mumbled, then continued to scream, "GET AWAY FROM ME!!"

"Jimin, please! You wouldn't even be alive if I didn't resurrect your mother."

"I don't care, I would rather be dead than have creatures prey on me!" He pushed Jungkook away, the older could have stood like a brick wall, but decided to let the younger through instead.

Jimin began to ran again, but this time for good. The emotion running through his veins was stronger than anger, it was pure hatred and betrayal the boy felt.

Jungkook let the boy run as fast as he could, he sat on the bed in defeat. Tears ran down his cheek, splashing onto his hand. The man gazed down at the tear drop shining in the moonlight, the last time he truly wept was when his pet mouse died when he was a child.

For some reason, Jimin reminds Jungkook as that mouse.

-
don't forget to check out my new book, "solicitude"!! :)