ten

There was a knock on the door.

Jimin began to hesitantly look behind him and then quickly glance back at the vampire slowly prowling closer to his prey.

It was an understatement if someone claimed the boy was frightened and confused, his heart was beating so violently he could feel his blood pulsing and heat flashes that made Jimin on the verge of fainting. Master Jeon heard it too and began to lick his lips, revealing his fangs.

Another knock echoed in the room, but louder. Jimin barely noticed though, not until Jungkook pushed open the doors and began to cuss his father out.

Retracting his fangs, the man rubbed a migraine and gazed up at Jimin and Jungkook in regret as the crimson drained from his eyes.

~

Jungkook guided Jimin to an almost forgotten garden hidden by confusing, long twists and turns in the back of the entire villa. The untouched petals surrounding the two glisten in the warm sunlight as the giant, ancient tree whispered welcome with the help of a passing breeze.

"This is my favorite place to visit to calm me, " Jungkook murmured, breaking the pleasant silence.

They both sat on a rusted bench together with vines slithering the metallic limbs, no words needed to be exchanged.

Jimin took deep breaths, appreciating the warm breeze as Jungkook observed with a small grin.

"Young m-master!" A maid hurried towards them with a panic look. "It's your father, come quick!" She ushered.

Jungkook stood up abruptly, but turned to Jimin who was staring up at him with big eyes. Patting the younger's head, "Be a good boy and stay here, I'll be back for you soon."

No hesitation after the words left the his mouth, the older left with pace, accompanying the maid inside.

Jimin gazed down at the ground and swung his feet like a child since he was a hair too short to properly place his feet on the bricked path.

A shallow whisper was heard from above where the petals gracefully fell. The boy's eyes darted around the sky with confusion.

"My child. . ."

Jimin jumped to his feet when he could make out the words of a woman.

"M-Mother?"

"Run. Run away before you get eaten. . ."

His brows knitted together as he looked around the garden like a mad man.

"Run. . ."

"Run. . ."

"Run. . ."

"Run. . ."

"Run. . ."

The raspy whispers never ceased to Jimin's dismay. Throwing himself onto the ground, the son's hands clung to his eyes, but it never stopped.

"Run away before you get eaten."