Prologue

Everyone has one person that they connect with instantly.

The person who will save them from the darkness and bring them back into the light of their eyes.

Their lover, their forever.

Their mate.

Mates, are the one thing Devin Sola feared more than life itself.

Abused from the moment he set foot into the human school wearing a lace corset and leather pants he was outcasted, seen as a freak, as a nobody.

He was, is and always has been, a fertile.

A fertile, by definition, is one able to conceive young or produce seed, and yes, it is possible for males to become pregnant, in this world anyway.

Fertile's, are the extremely weak and pale people, bones easily broken at the snap of a finger if need be, not because they are anorexic or anything, but because they need a mate to protect and cherish them, so they become stronger from the love of their mate and the power that can be passed between the two forever.

Mates, something Richard Allen Olson III took as a right of birth, something that must be done as a chore.

Ricky was always feared by his peers, as a dominant, you would expect everyone should be. Dominants, by definition, have a certain power a influence over someone.

Dom’s have power over everyone, but the most power they have, is over their mate, they could get their soulmate to do whatever and whenever they please in one word, and they are also extremely dangerous and powerful, hence why they are feared.