Chapter 1~Who is BTS?

Ara's POV

"Ara! Hey, slow down would you?" I heard someone exclaim. I turned around to see my best friend, Mary running to try and catch up to me. I smiled a bit then stopped walking and waited for her to catch up with me.

My full name is Lee Ara. I love to sing and dance but I am too shy to showcase it to other people. My parents are divorced and I decided to live by myself at a different country. I grew up in Seoul but I migrated by myself to Malaysia after my parents decided to allow me to migrate. I was lost when I first reached the airport. It was huge but, I managed to get help from a stranger whos' daughter became my friend, Mary.

I lived in a small apartment that my parents manage to rent for me and they said that they were going to pay for the bills but  they would stop paying for me after I turn 20 so I would have to live independantly. They told me that they were going to visit me once in a while to make sure I was fine. I went to a secondary school in the neighbourhood and thankfully it was very close to my house as it was only a 10 minute walk from my home to school. To my surprise, I found out that Mary also went to the same school as me so, at least I won't be lonely in my new school.

"Ara! How do you walk so fast? Are you an athlete?" Mary asked me, while panting as she had struggled catching up with me. Honestly,I don't really know why I walk so fast either. I guess I was really nervous cause today was the first day of school.

"Aish! Seriously, Ara! Slow down! Why are you so fast? You have tiny legs and way shorter than me so how the hell can you walk faster than me?" she asked me, completely not believing that 4 foot 11 inches me with really short legs can walk this fast. Mind you, I said walk and not run.

I grinned at her causing her to look at me with confusion. I told her that I was actually the slowest back home. She stared at me in disbelief. Honestly, I was the shortest person in my old school, in Seoul, and I was always teased for being the shortest in the class.

The shortest in class would always be left behind when we have to run during gym class as all the others have really long legs which gives them the advantage to run faster than me. My competitive self decided to train by jogging every morning. I did get faster but not taller.

We made our way to our lockers to get our books first. While we did, I heard Mary humming to a little tune which seemed very familiar to me but I just can't seem to put my finger on it. When I asked her what song she was singing to, she gasped. I looked at her, offended.

"How can you not know this song?I thought you were Korean?" she asked me. I looked at her and repeated my question. She gave up and finally told me the title of the song.
"Oh, it's only like the greatest song I've heard in like forever. It's Save Me by BTS."

"Oh? Who are they?"I mumbled to myself. I think she might have heard me because when I looked at her, she looked offended. I smiled nervously. She whipped out her phone in less than half a second and typed in a few words and showed me a music video. I wasn't surprised when the same tune she was humming started playing through the speakers on her phone.

As I watched the video, one of the members caught my eye. I kept staring at him throughout the entire video.