2.9

@domsherwood: Someone (@matthewdaddario) is more excited to see Beau than the rest of us here combined

Hurry up, @beau_ashton , he's driving us mental and giving us anxiety.
(Tagged: @matthewdaddario @ashtonflynn @rgblake)
|
@username: Aww
@username2: Matt is like "Patience? Never heard of it."
@username3: I am still fully convinced it was Matt in Beau's post before she left and this is just fuelling my thoughts
@username4: OMG Beau is back in Toronto
@username5: Do any of the cast & co. ship this too? Or is it just a couple of us fans??
@kitkatsmeow: We (us girls) most definitely do - Em is our female captain of the ship according to her @username5
@ashtonflynn: I acknowledge it, and can see it. Doesn't mean I have to like it since that's my little sister @username5
@username6: I've missed Beau
@username7: Matt is so adorable, being impatient and excitable at the airport waiting for her plane to land
@username8: There's a couple of us fans at the airport to greet her and I saw the guys just now. I can confirm that Matt is really happy about Beau arriving soon
@username9: I saw them too and it's adorable to watch Matt - he's like an overexcited puppy
@domsherwood: #proof @username8 @username9 @beau_ashton
@beau_ashton: The plane only just landed. Just a few more minutes, hold on, guys

-

Beau grabs her bag from the carousel, letting it trundle along behind her as she adjusts the strap of her carry-on bag so that it doesn't slip off her shoulder. She looks around as she steps through the arrivals gate and into the area where everyone waits for their loved ones. She spots some girls with her name on some card as well as wearing some Shadowhunters merch but motions for them to wait, smiling when they shoo her and call to her to reunite with the guys first. She takes a couple steps towards the area that the girls pointed, going up onto her tiptoes to try and see over some people before she spots someone moving quickly through the crowd and coming her way. They break through, the others following quickly behind and she recognises them instantly, dropping her stuff and excitedly meeting Matt in the middle. He picks her up in a hug and she wraps her arms around his neck and legs around his waist as he lifts her, hugging each other so tightly as if the other is going to disappear if they were to let go too soon. Other bodies join the hug, and Matt lets her down onto her own feet so they can group hug her properly.

Once they separate, Flynn picks up her stuff and the guys move with her as she heads over to the girls who have been patiently waiting for her to finish her reunion.

"Hi, guys, what are your names?"

"My name is Lauren and these are my best friends, Elisha and Leah." One of the girls replies, pointing to two other girls.

"I'm Gracie and this is my sister, Sasha." One of the others speaks up, naming the last of the congregated group.

The guys chat with them and take pictures or sign stuff if the girls ask while Beau hugs them and thanks them for coming out to welcome her back to Toronto. She takes silly selfies with all of them as a memento for each to remember the day by before the group of girls say goodbye to the guys and Beau because they have to leave.

Matt, Beau and Rio climb in the backseat as her brother and cousin take the front, Flynn apparently driving them back to Dom's place. Rio is talking to them about something or other so Matt and her are left to their own quiet conversation.

"I wasn't joking when I said I'd miss you a hell of a lot. Everyone was getting annoyed with me because I was 'grumpy'" He mumbles, using air quotes and making her laugh.

"I know, I saw Harry's post a few days ago." Matt huffs but says nothing. "You can't let Malec suffer."

He hums, moving his arm as she leans into his side. "I know, but I just didn't like not being able to pick my phone up and talk to you whenever because of the time difference or hang out and see you whenever I wanted to." He feels her tip her head and look up at him but he continues playing with the zipper of the bag in her lap. "I didn't even care when you Facetimed me at odd hours to freak out because I got to see you and talk to you and that was all that mattered."

She nudges him, mumbling about cheesy statements before sitting up properly and rubbing her eyes. "Damn, if I stay still too long I feel like I'm going to fall asleep."

Dom throws an empty bottle at Rio when he comments under his breath about Matt probably knowing a few ways to keep her awake. Beau groans at the stupid innuendo but gives in when she sees Rio wiggle his eyebrows at her and starts to laugh.

"Never change, Rio." She gets out between giggles. "Only you would turn an innocent comment into a cringe-worthy innuendo."

Her best friend sends her a cheeky smile and a wink before changing the subject back to the original topic that Dom, Flynn and he had been discussing. Beau notices that Matt is being quiet and turns her attention to him, smiling and reaching over to pinch one of his cheeks when she sees him avoiding looking at anyone with a blush on his face.