3 - Response

Omg! Glad to know there are people reading this story, cuz usually no one reads my stories, but I'm glad some people like it, I promise to update this more often now, and make the chapters as long as I can :)

Discretion: upcoming sexual scenes, very graphic.
____________________________________
"Need a ride?" I asked, trying to act like I don't know what happened.
"Uhm, no I'm - I'm fine. I'll take a cab." She explained, running her fingers through her hair.
"In case you didn't know, Vega after 11 pm, they charge extra. Are you sure you don't want that ride?" I asked with a shrug.
She looked at me, and held out her hand for me to lead the way. Smirking, I walk ahead and pull out my car keys to my car, and unlocked it. My car beeped open, flashing its lights twice before unlocking its doors. I opened my car door and got in, Tori doing the same on the passenger's side.
I fastened my seatbelt, and so did she. Shoving my bag at Tori, she groaned, then scowled at me, but held my shit nonetheless. Seeing this through my peripheral vision, I smirked and plugged the AUX chord into my phone before tapping Spotify, then shuffle.
Troye Sivan's Fools started to play, and I started to drive. My fingers tapped to the beat as I tried to make it seem like I don't notice the awkwardness thickening the air.
"J-Jade? "
"Mhm? "
Tori took a deep breath, then let it out before turning her head towards me.
"Did you, did you feel the - the thing before? You know, back at Nozu? "
My heart stopped for a few seconds, before I swallowed a lump in my throat.
"Feel what?" I asked, furrowing my brows.
"Feel the... Nothing, nothing. " She sighed before smiling.
Nodding, I heard her phone go off, and I turned to her momentarily before turning the song down.
"What's up? " I asked.
"Nothing, I just got a text message from an unknown number. "
The surprises just keep on coming, and my heart keeps on stopping.
"So, who's it from?"
She shrugged, and pressumed reading.
"I don't know, but this person seems sad. Listen here," She started to read from the text and when I head what she said, I was sure that it was mine.
" 'You know me, but you don't," Yep. It's mine. WHY IS SHE GETTING THIS TEXT LATE WHEN I SENT IT YESTERDAY?!
" 'I go to school with you, and we're technically friends, but I kinda don't like you. Anyways, you're probably asleep and will probably never read this because it's a new number and you probably block the unknown numbers from your phone, but I just needed someone to talk to. I'm sad. My parents split, and I've split with my boyfriend. I live with my mom though. Anyways, my mom started dating this guy named Jacob, and I couldn't handle seeing him kinda taking my dad's place. It sucks, you know? Just, ignore this. Good night. ' It's apparently from a person whose name starts with J. My phone was acting weird and I couldn't get a good signal all day yesterday, must have been why I missed this text." Tori added. So that's why..
"Wow, what a loser." I lied. Kinda. Hearing what I wrote that night right now sounds different than the way it sounded in my head.
"Jade!" She gasped.
"What? It's true, you don't even know this person, and she or he is telling you their sappy story. " I argued.
"Well, I don't care what you think, I'm gonna call this person, and talk to them." Once I heard the first beep, I grabbed her phone, and tried to wrestle it out of her grasp.
"Jade! What are you doing? "
"N-Nothing, just. Let. Go! " I shouted desperately, hearing a car beep, I stepped on the break, making the car screech for a few seconds before the car halted to a stop. I managed to get the phone off of Tori's hands, and quickly shoved it in my bra.
"JADE! What was that for?! Why aren't you letting me call?!" She questioned furiously.
"Th-This person, might be some - some lunatic and you wanna call them? No! You'll get this back when you get home!" I growled, pointing at my bra.
She huffed then sat back, crossing her arms.
I started up the car, and started to drive.
Without realizing it, I took the long way round to her house which was a 40 minute drive. She didn't say anything, so I continued. We passed nice streets, and Moodz by Blackbear started playing. When we passed a familiar park, my heart dropped. My Dad used to take me here often every night when I couldn't sleep. Because then I'd play for a while, acting stubborn saying that I wasn't sleepy, then I would actually fall asleep in the car, on the way home. I never actually knew why my parents split up. Most of my childhood was blurry, but I remember cuddling with my Dad a lot as a little girl, and he would tickle me, and we'd play games, until I would fall asleep. We used to be best friends, until I turned 13 and things changed. I still don't know why.