14 - "Lucked" All The Way To Safety

So, I'm writing this non-fiction romance novel and it's basically my love story... What I mean is that it's about my love story. Please comment and tell me if you're interested in reading! I've written the first two chapters and as a person who's gone through all of it first hand, I can guarantee that there's a lot of drama, action, and romance. ALSO, I forgot that Jade's mom and dad divorced and kept her as Mrs West. Let's forget that and pretend I wrote Jones but I promise I'll fix it in edit later on. Also, I've been to 2 funerals this week and I've just been grieving my losses lately and it's kinda hard to get back on track, I'll leave this chapter here and I'll be back in a couple if weeks with inspiration. DISCRETION: THERE'S SMUT
_______________________________________________

My legs ached, but I finally reached the city and saw the school. I checked my watch and slowly trudged inside the school.
Walking in, I saw Beck, Andre, Cat and Tori all talking in a huddle by Tori's locker.
"Water, I need water!" I shouted before falling to the floor on my knees.
"OH MY GOD!"
"JADE!"
"CAT, GET SIKOWITZ!"
I felt hands on my body but I was too tired to swat them off me. My legs walked eleven miles in the sizzling Los Angeles heat and I had two sips of water in my bag. Tiredly my head rose as well as my eyes and I met with Tori's.
My arms swung around her neck as I engulfed her in a hug.
"I missed you." I croaked.
"I missed you, too. What- When- How did you come back?!" Tori questioned in the hug, her voice shaking.
"I'll tell you, as soon as I get some--"
"WATERRRR!!!! AND SIKOWITZ!!! MOSTLY WATERRR!! OUT OF MY WAYYYYY!!! BEEEEP BEEEP!! WEEOOOWEEEOOO!! Hahaha!" Cat screamed as she ran down the stairs with Sikowitz behind her.
"Jade, I brou--" My arms instinctively grabbed the cold water bottles. I downed the one bottle like a dehydrated cactus and drenched my head with the other one since I could feel my head aching from the heat.
"OH MY GOD! YES!" I moaned loudly, my throat finally feeling refreshed and my thirst finally quenched.

"I'm fine, I'm just tired..." I groaned as I pushed the flashlight away from my face the paramedic was holding.
"My daughter! I want to see my daughter!" I looked around to find the source of the voice. Heels quickly hitting the ground continuously was getting nearer from behind me when I turned to see my mother.
"Jade! Holy sweet Jesus, I was so worried!" She engulfed me in a bear hug only to not receive it back. She pulled back and noticed my now less swollen eye.
"Jade, what did he do to you?!"
"Just go." I sighed.
She stood there, unsure if she heard me correctly. My mom took a second to register what I said before taking a sharp breath.
"W-What?"
"Just. Go."
Tori showed up right in time with her Dad who both saved me from my confused mother.
"Jade, we've found your father along with Mr. Phillip Jensen and Mr. Carlos Alonzo. We'd like to ask you some questions?" He asked. I nodded and watched as my mother nodded slowly, but sadly before returning to her car that was by the other cars.
I answered all the questions I could, and was given a ride back home with Tori and her Dad in the big SUV cop car. As we drove down the city of Los Angeles, I remembered what happened back at that place and the repressed memory it brought back up to the surface. That monster not only ruined my childhood that my mother tried so hard to push to the very back of my mind, but he brought it back to the front and made it into a fucking 4D experience. I shuddered, my stomach doing uncomfortable rolls as I recalled his pungeant breath that reminded me of three day old whiskey breath fanning my neck as he pushed in me. My heart racing as I tried to escape and feeling his invasive man hood jam into me. Goosebumps formed on my arms and legs before seeing my house.
"Dad, I think I'm gonna stay and help Jade for a while if that's okay." Tori mentioned.
"Sure, honey. Just don't be late for dinner." Mister Vega kissed Tori on the forehead before Tori assisted me out of the car. With the adrenaline and the constant running and climbing, I didn't realize until I fell down back at Hollywood Arts that I broke my foot when I ran out of that place and tripped and got stuck on some rocks. I was so paranoid, thinking they were behind me and I never looked much in front of me only to have my right leg caught on some rocks and have it broken. The rest of the gang pulled up on my driveway, Beck pulling up with my car instead of his. I had asked him to get my car from the pier since I couldn't drive and so he did since Tori was adamant about leaving my side. We heard the cop car drive off behind us as Tori helped me limp back to the house with everyone with us.
"We brought you a cake!" Cat excitedly informed me.
"Woot, you crazy animal." I cheered sarcastically without an ounce of care in my voice. Cat didn't seem to notice and just squealed in excitement as I unlocked the door to the house. My mom and Jacob were sat in the kitchen conversing until they heard the door close behind us. This caught their attention and they quickly walked over to me.
"Jade! My God, you're okay!" Jacob engulfed me in a tight bear hug. At first I was shocked, but then I hugged him back as the tears I've unknowingly been holding back started to pool up in my eyes. My Mom notices, and ushers my friends up to my room. Jacob feels the tears stain his shoulder and lets go to take a good look at me.
"What did they do to you?" He asked softly with a worried expression. I just shook my head and wiped my tears down.
"Let's go talk, yes?" I nodded and walked behind me to the den with both crutches supporting my weight. I set them down once we got to the couch, and I sat down.
"So, what did they do?"
My tears burst out once more as I started to remember the suppressed memories and the things that happened while I was at that storage place.
"He made me remember." I whispered as I desperately searched his eyes for any emotion. They widened and by the looks of it, he knew.
"Oh... You know, your Mom told me about it when they took you and I couldn't help get so angry. Even though we got off on the wrong foot a month ago, I always thought we could make this work between us. I really felt you as my daughter and as soon as I met you after going serious with your Mom, I made it my priority to take care of the both of you. When I heard however that there were no signs of you dead, I was happy."
I furrowed my brows in question since I didn't realize people assumed I was dead.
"I was happy because I realized you are like your mom. She has the heart of a lion, but you... You have the heart of a wolf. You are misunderstood and going through your own things, but nevertheless you always find a way to win your battles. You managed to find your way out of there and walk eleven miles back to town! You're also very... Opinionated, and you like to challenge people. Am I right?" Jacob smiled. I nodded, chuckling a little bit.
"Yeah, and I know it's hard now that you remember some things, but you can use that to your advantage." He smirked. I raised my eye brow curiously and waited for him to continue.
"How?"
"Well, art of course! You're a singer, right?" My heart fluttered, my own father didn't approve of my dreams, but Jacob did. A complete stranger with a kind heart who's found a way into our lives actually believes I'm a singer.
"Yeah, you're right. I'm a singer."