Part 5 : Visit to golden land

I have never heard about Myanmar called golden land when I young. But I started my working in the Brunei's Administration office and attended the seminars related with Asean, Myanmar becomes familiar with me. Nowadays, I am often hearing Myanmar and its name are often described the news too. These days I also have a chance to meet this charming girl from Myanmar. We visited the night bazaar and Dream world together and have fun together. We totally understand each other within this short period. I don't know that is the feeling between us but I can tell one thing definitely is I have never seen such kind of charming and friendly girlfriend before. She is totally different with the girls I met before.

After we parted from Thailand, I came back to Brunei immediately and I have no chance to attend the closing ceremony, I have no chance to say bye to her too. She may be thought I am too strange to greet for farewell and I think it hurt me a lot too.

After two months from this period, its summer time and dad wants to me to see him. While we talked about the youth culture program that I have been managed, he said " Son , you know Myanmar ? Right? "

"yes" ,

"I want you to visit there on behalf of Royal Family as this month is the 25th anniversary relationship between Brunei and Myanmar and we need to attend the opening ceremony of New Embassy of Brunei in Yangon"

"Of Course dad, How long should I stay there"

"we arranged well for your schedule and It may take 4/5 days there. They want you to visit some famous travel spot as you represent the Brunei to improve tourism between two countries."

After returning from the meeting, I am excited to visit the country that has seen many news articles nowadays. I have traveled Asian countries followed by Dad and this is my very first official trip as Royal Prince. I should be excited ,Right?

.............................................................

The first time I feel about Myanmar

These days we found the news about Myanmar are mostly related with Rohingya Muslims who fled to Bangladesh last year and we are mostly concerned on this case too

These days we found the news about Myanmar are mostly related with Rohingya Muslims who fled to Bangladesh last year and we are mostly concerned on this case too. Being alone as the relations ambassador and prince of Brunei is not easy for me in this time but I am sure I can have more experiences and new discovery in this trip. I already known there may be smooth as or not before the trip but I want to bring positive solutions to my home country when I back from Myanmar.

After 3 and half hours long flight from Bandar Seri Begawan to NayPyiTaw,Myanmar, there is many fields which is many times wider than Brunei. When I take off the flight, there are many people who including Brunei Ambassador and staff from Embassy are welcoming with the traditional flower that makes me fresh from long hour's flight. Then we went to Hilton Naypyitaw for taking relax and then I meet and greet to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi,the state Counsellor also foreigner Minister at 6:30pm. She is the brilliant woman that I meet ever and we have a great conversation in dinner served by Royal Brunei Embassy. She treated me like not only a Prince but also a relative and he told me the difficulties and problems of Rakhaine State currently they are facing. Before I have come to Myanmar, we discussed with Dad many times how we can help the Rakhine Situation and how we can know more about the real situation and information that can be very important role in our relationship. The Rakhine State Issues is completely complex and Myanmar government is trying to figure out the best result by collaborating with Bangladesh's government. They are ready to accept the refugees to return home but the progress is not going well as they plan and international environment can't be patient to move on.

As long as I know Myanmar is 10 times bigger than Brunei in land size and population. Myanmar has 52 million of population and 135 distinct ethnic groups. That is really amazing and I realized that they will figure out the best solutions for their people. As a diplomatic, we cannot interference with other countries issues and we can only help them by donating or making the job opportunities for the unemployed people in Rakhine State by collaborating the government ministries between two countries. That is our plan for 25th anniversary relationship between Brunei and Myanmar .We exchange the bilateral corporation agreement about education , healthcare and labor support before the dinner.

I realize we have come here for the right time.

.....................................................................................................

thank you for reading and leave your comment and your thougths too as I want to hear.