Chapter 4

Danyella

I called Rod for our usual meet up in the morning. We agreed to meet at the gym to work out at 8:00. I tried putting the whole having sex thing behind me. I got dressed and headed out. I walked in the gym and noticed he was there warming up already. Damn, the way the sweat dripped down his body made my hormones run wild. I tried shaking it off. "Strictly business" I mumbled to myself. "Good, your warming up"! I said to him. He nodded. Things began getting awkward then. "Look, Dani, I don't want things to be strange or.. Awkward between the two of us". He admitted. "Me either". I agreed. "So after workouts you wanna grab a bite to eat"? He asked. "Sure, why not". I said. Workouts lasted the usual hour and thirty minutes. We took a break, sat on the medal benches that were placed at the bases of the wall and drank water. "Damn, that was intense". I laughed. "Yeah, I'm exhausted". He edged. "So where you wanna go? I'm tired of Denys". I he assured me. "There's a new place I've been dying to try right off of the blvd. its called Ricky's I believe. It's some kind of 'soul food, home cooking' place. You know how much I love soul food". He looked at me and laughed. "You know, for you to be a "personal trainer" you really do eat unhealthy". I gasped sarcastically. "What? I-I eat healthy foods". I pleaded. "When? When your at home eating tubs of ice cream and watching Netflix"? He teased. "Hey, I'm sensitive about that". He through up his hands. "Well excuse me". He said. It was silent. "But yes, we can try this 'soul food, hike cooking' place on the blvd." he said trying to mock me. "Ha ha real funny". I said before grabbing my towel and my water bottle and following behind him.

The scenery was beautiful. I felt like I was back home in Memphis in the country, down at my grandma Hattie's house. It brought back so many memories. The waitress, a shorter petite woman came over to sit us a table for two. She was so country. It was hilarious. It didn't make me feel so bad about my accent. We sat at a booth for two and looked over the menus. "Oooo, everything looks so good". I admitted. "Yeah, it does...I think imma try the full feast". Rod assured me. "That's to much". I said. "Girl please, I'm a man I can eat that and then some". He teased. "Yeah, whatever Mr. Man, this, right here, is just like the food in Memphis and trust me, you won't be able to eat all of it". I told him. "Yeah, we'll see about that".

Soon after a waitress came and asked what we'd be having. We placed an order and soon our food was being served. "Damn, this a lot". Rod said. "See, I told you.. You're bit going to eat all of it". I said. "Shit, his much you Trynna bet". He bargained. "I'll pay for your food, because I know you won't eat it. Look at it, you got grits, hash browns, pancakes, sausage, eggs, bacon, and french toast sticks. Don't tell me you're going to eat it all". I assured him. "I can show you better than I can tell you right"? I just laughed at his foolishness.

I watched as he struggled through the last bites. It fell like I was on the travel channel and this was man vs. food. I smacked my lips due to him eating all of the food. "Dang, you just greedy that's all".
"Pay up". He said throwing the napkin down on his plate after he wiped the corners of his mouth. "Fine, a bets a bet". "Nah, I got a better option". He said. "And that is"? I asked.

"Give me a kiss". He blurted out. "What"? I asked shocked at what he just said. I got butterflies all over again. Damn, why is he doing this again. We all know what that "kiss" led to last time. It shouldn't have gotten that far. I loved the sex, damn it was the bomb. So what the heck. I gave in.

"You heard me. A kiss". He said again. I smiled and licked my lips and leaned in for a kiss. A simple peck led to a sloppy tongue wrestle, and before I knew it my panties were soaked from my lady fluids. Damn he just makes my blood boil. I pulled away and smiled, soon biting my bottom lip. "Rod, we can't go there again". I admitted. "Yeah, I know. I just wanted a kiss". He said.

The waitress came back, we paid for our food and left. I don't know how things will go between the two of us. As much as I want to be with him, I can't it just isn't right.

Janelle

I've decided to take Tammy's advice. Maybe she's right. Rodkevious is a good man, he's never cheated on me, so why would he now? I'm just going to take it easy but also keep my eyes open. It still dawns on me on what he could be doing when he's with this Danyella person so I'm going to take it upon myself to try and talk to her. I need answers.

I got dressed in something to work out in and went to the gym. She was there with someone. I got in a close by treadmill and waited for her session to be over. I was nervous, I don't know exactly what I'm going to say to this girl. I have the right to know what's going on being his wife and the mother of his child.

She finally finished with her session and she was getting water. I stop the treadmill and went over by her. I grabbed a cup and waited behind her at the fountain. She turned around and looked shocked to see me. "Oh hey, Janelle". She said her voice sounding shaky. "Hello Danyella". I said with a raised eyebrow. "What are you doing here"? She questioned clearing her throat. Something wasn't right. "This is a gym.." I told her pointing out the obvious. She nodded. "Well.. It was good seeing you". She tried speeding away. "Um, Danyella, can I talk to you for a second? Outside." I questioned. She seemed hesitant.. "Sure". She said giving in.

"So what is it you have to talk to me about"? She asked. I took a sip of water. "You... And my husband".

She swallowed.

"What about me and YOUR husband"? She asked. "Do you two have something going on"? I asked jumping straight to the point.

She laughed. "Girl no" she said drinking her water.

Liar

"Are you sure? Nothing suspicious, nothing ACCIDENTALLY happened..?" I questioned. "No, Rod is just my client. I don't have any relations with my clients. We've only went to eat after workouts". She admitted.

"Well, those 'eats' can stop.. But thank you". I said walking away to my car ending the conversation. I didn't believe any of the bullshit I was hearing. But she said nothing was happening and I need to have this conversation with Rod as well. I still have my suspicions. The girl couldn't even look me in the eye.

I got home, showered and fed Italy. She's been sick lately. She has a fever. I laid her down for a nap after I fed her. Rod came in the living room and the tension was thick. I finally decided to speak to him. "We need to talk". I admitted as he walked passed.

He sighed and sat on the opposite sofa. "I talked to Danyella". I said. "What you do that for"? He questioned. "Because I fucking wanted to. And I believe you and that bitch got something going on". I yelled becoming more upset. He smacked his lips.

"You know what Janelle. I love you and you're constantly assuming something. I love you to much to ever cheat on you.. And stoop that low to my trainer? What kinda person do you think I am? We've been through to much and it's sad that you don't even trust me... That shows me something about you. Swallow your pride Janelle". He said before walking off leaving me speechless. I feel bad for accusing him of cheating. Tammy was right. I made a complete fool of myself.