Chapter 1.3

"Kaneki," the voice chides, "get up, we need food today." Ken groans as his stomach gives a painful moan, in agreement to the figment of his imagination. Kaneki rolls out of bed, the sun shines into his eyes.
"We need to wait for it to get dark," Ken mumbles, "we only ate two weeks ago."
"A leg is not a meal," the voice grumbles, "we need a full body." Kaneki sighs in reluctance as he snags his mask off his dresser. He leaves through the window looking into an alley.

"Wait, I didn't do anything!" A man yelps desperately. An old, homeless, man has his hands up in surrender.
"Really? Now, why would I find a handgun in your pocket if you didn't intend to hurt someone?" Kaneki's voice is muffled, but it also sounds more sinister.
"I-I," the man stutters without a reply. Ken can see the fear in the elderly man's expression. Before Kaneki can process the next move he will make, a wind blows past the old man and himself. The man is unconscious while sitting against a brick wall with cuffs around his wrists.
"What were you doing?" Asks a man in a red suit with a lightning bolt on his chest; Ken recognizes the other man as the Flash.
"Leave me alone," Kaneki says, amused. He knows he's heard The Flash's voice somewhere, but he can't fully remember. Ken darts away, into the shadows.

"Cisco, did you see that?" Barry asks as he walks quickly into the lab.
"Yeah, he shall be named, Dark Knight," Cisco says as if he has gone through a scientific breakthrough.
"It's already taken," Harry says as he walks through the lab from the hallway.
"Dang it!" He curses, "but what about..." he twirls a strand of licorice around in thought.
"Did you see his eye?" Barry asks.
"No," Cisco and Harry say in unison. The long haired genius types quickly, eager to see the guy's eye. He gets the results, but shivers at what he sees. The white haired, masked, boy only has his left eye in view. His other eye is covered by his mask, but Barry referred to the visible eye. The sclera has turned black, instead of a natural white and his iris is a blood red. The trio look at the unsettling eye for a moment of wonder.
"I was thi-," Caitlin walks in with gloved hands clutching a test tube, "what are you three looking at?" The biologist joins the men, who stare is awe at the eye. Caitlin nearly drops the glass test tube, at the sight.
"Is he wearing contacts?" Barry finally asks, snapping everyone from their daze.
"Maybe, but I doubt it," Harry replies while starting to pace, in thought.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Cisco asks excitedly.
"He's not human," Harry says at the same time as Cisco says,
"Coffee break."
"Guys, we need to figure out who this guy is," Barry says.
"He's that guy you work with," Harry says dismissively. Barry looks at him with shock, "what, you've talked about his white hair. This masked guy has white hair, how often do young men and women have white hair and live in the same city?"
Barry is sceptical about Harry's answer. However, he does find it makes complete sense.

Words~ 553