Chapter 1.6

"I'm not from here," Kaneki starts.
"Not from America?" Cisco asks, seemingly hoping for Ken to say no.
"I don't fully understand, but no I'm not from this dimension," Kaneki continues, "where I came from, there are beings, or monsters, called Ghouls. We eat human flesh because any other food makes us sick." Everyone in the room seems to shift away from Kaneki. Ken continues, he tells them about the other abilities of ghouls, and their predatory organ types. He tells them about the groups, including the cafe :re, the CCG, Aogiri Tree, and the One-Eyed King. However, he doesn't tell them about his personal life.
"Where did you fall into this?" Caitlin asks, fascinated.
"I am the One-Eyed King," Kaneki replies with a flat tone.
"Okay, wait wait wait," Harry says, "how do we know you're telling the truth."
"Joe or you can shoot at me, I can break these cuffs off, or I can show you my Kakugan," Ken says, fully expecting them to be sceptical. The room is silent for a moment.
"Why don't you show us this Kakugan," Caitlin suggests, butchering the Japanese word.
"There's no going back," the voice in Kaneki's head mumbles. Without a single thought, Ken's left eye changes from its normal silver colour, to a scarlet iris with a black sclera. His changed eye, feels like he is merely using a muscle, it feels almost natural to him. Kaneki can sense the fear, and the tension in the room. No one utters a word, nonetheless Ken changes his eye back.
"We should run some tests," Caitlin says in awe. An animalistic growl leaves Kaneki's lips, he feels his eye turn back with his rising emotions.
"Whoa there, kiddo," Ralph finally speaks.
"You said Ghouls have a special organ to battle with," Barry asks, "can we see yours?" Ken looks at Barry with an odd expression.
"It would rip my shirt," Kaneki replies, with his eye turning back with his calm demeanor.
"Why don't we take off those cuffs," Iris says as she walks closer to Ken. Kaneki stabilizes himself, in order to contain his instincts.
"Eat her," the voice suddenly orders. Ken clenches his teeth, in an attempt to stop himself. He balls his hands into fists, his knuckles turn white and his black nails dig into his palms, "Barry interrupted our attempts at a meal. We need to eat," the voice says, "but first that vodka needs to come out." Iris unlocks the cuffs, and she steps back once they're off. She places them beside Cisco on the desk. Unaware of his inner battle, Caitlin walks closer to Kaneki, almost casually. Ken can hear nothing but a heartbeat, someone's heartbeat. It only takes a moment for Kaneki to realize, it's his own heart.
"Kaneki," Caitlin tries to gain his attention, "I need to take tests." Ken's attention is set on her, his hands start to tremble with the effort of holding back.
"Get away," Kaneki mumbles, however no one seems to hear. He says a little louder, "I said get away." Caitlin moves back, then so does Ralph. Ken calms himself, slowly and heavily breathing.
"We should put him in the pipeline," Harry says quickly.
"We're right here, stop talking like that," the voice hisses as if the outside world can hear it.
"No, he is a person too," Iris argues.
"A dangerous one!" Harry retaliates.
"Guys, he can speak for himself," Barry says, obviously stressed.
"Bare, what's wrong?" Joe asks.
"We have another bad guy on our hands," Barry replies.
"Who is it?" Cisco asks.
"Grodd." That one word creates a new tension in the room.
"Who?" Dibny asks.
"He's a really smart guerilla," Cisco sums up. Kaneki looks around the room, everyone looks like they're about to pass out.
"I'm going home," Ken grumbles, "this was a mistake." Suddenly, the room shakes.
"Flash!" A voice booms in Kaneki's head. He stumbles as he covers his ears, in an attempt of blocking the loud voice out.
"Barry, suit up," Cisco orders. Within seconds, Barry is in his suit and running out with a trail of yellow-like lightning following him. Ken looks at everyone bustling around, they quickly get into their places. Ralph runs to catch up with Barry. Kaneki watches the screens, a sense of longing keeps his eyes glued to the screen.
"You want to fight again," the voice chortles, "good luck with that." Barry and Ralph fight a huge guerilla, but they're starting to lose. Ken sees a pattern in Grodd's movements, or rather an old injury.
"Tell Barry to aim for his left shoulder," Kaneki demands. Everyone in the room stares at Ken with different emotions.
"Why would he need to do that?" Harry asks.
"Grodd is obviously injured there, it may have been a dislocation," Kaneki replies, "if you don't tell him to do it, then I will do it myself." Ken snatches his mask from the desk, and he moves out of the room at a speed that could almost match up with Barry's. Kaneki slips his mask on, and he keeps moving until he finds the trio of males.

Words~ 858