Chapter 1.16

A maniacal laugh fills the chilly night. The ghoul, known as Kaneki, stares at his hands as if he has never used them. He pulls at his newly turned scarlet strands, his mask covers most of his face, but what is seen can be labeled as terrifying.
"Finally," the voice is distorted slightly but mainly sounds like Kaneki, "freedom! Now I have so much power." Ken, or the being in his place, moves far too quickly to watch. He has the white haired man against a building with his kagune impaling his right shoulder.
"Are you a normal puny human, or do you heal?" Kaneki's personality asks the man.
"Ken," the man yelps in pain when the ghoul slightly twists his limb deeper into his shoulder, "n-normal!"
"Too bad, I wanted to play for a bit. I guess you won't last very long," Ken's replacement sighs in disappointment.
"Kaneki," Ken can hear Barry's voice yell, "stop. You'll kill him, there are other ways to stop him."
"You can't stop me," Kaneki chuckles as two of his kagune pierce the Flash's thighs. Barry yells out in agony, having the ghoul's organs run through his femurs. Ken frees the speedster from his limbs, making the hero collapse.
"Kaneki, what are you doing?!" Caitlin yells into the ghoul's ear.
"What a buzzkill," Ken signs in annoyance as he pulls the comm out of his ear, then crushing it. He then speaks to the villian against the wall, "do you know how it feels to have every bone in your body broken? How about your tongue cut out of your mouth, or your teeth pulled from your jaw? His highness does, and can I say it hurts like Hell. But it's also so exhilarating, the adrenaline and shock doing anything it can to help you get through everything. But only helps with your physical body, not your mind or emotions. That's what I want to do to you, I want you to suffer in a similar way that I have. I want you to break, to crumble, to shatter.
"After all, you have taken the king and his wife from their homes. You have endangered them and their unborn child. You are more of a monster than I am, than any of his personalities are. You will suffer, and you will beg me for death." An arrow hits the ghoul's hand, but the head of it becomes crushed against his flesh. The weapon falls uselessly to the ground, beside Ken's right foot. A gun goes off, Kaneki's replacement can feel something hit the back of his head, but no wound is there.
"You need to stop this, kid," a deep voice demands. With one last glance at the villian in front of him, Ken turns around to face the voice.
"Now step away from the man, and take the weapon out if his shoulder," the same man, with black leather and a motorcycle helmet on, commands. Feigning surrender, Kaneki takes the kagune out of the man slowly. His mood lifts every time the man yelps in pain.
"Kaneki hasn't seen you around," the ghoul observes, "are you the trump-card? Oh, no you're just friends with that wimpy speedster! I got it now, my apologies. Let me introduce myself," he bows to mock Ken's politeness, "I am one of Ken Kaneki's personalities. He hasn't named me, but the others call me Crazed Jester."

"I need to help him!" Touka shouts. She struggles against an officer, who has introduced himself to be Joe West. She stands within a place called STAR Labs with three other scientists, the officer and his daughter, and Felicity. She watches her husband, or rather someone who looks like him but does not act like him.
"You are pregnant," Felicity points out, "you'll be putting yourself and your child in danger." In her fit of anger, Touka starts yelling,
"I am a ghoul, a being that eats other people! My body could confuse my child for a meal at any moment, it is in danger every moment it is in my body! My life is not worth living without my husband, you do not know what we have gone through! Stay out of my way, or die." Joe releases her as soon as her tone makes her promise final and far more convincing than before.
Before anyone can recover or change their minds, the female ghoul is running out of the lab. With her adrenaline pumping, she finds Ken by scent; something she has never done, and may never have the ability to do again.
Touka slows down once she is on the scene. Blood stains the wall of a building and a trail of it leads down the sidewalk, but the victim can't be seen. Touka watches Kaneki fight Oliver, Diggle, and Dinah. He jumps around with an amused glint in his eyes, and chirps of laughter leave his masked mouth.
"This is fun," he chuckles, "oops, you slipped up." Before he could land any type of blow to the group, Touka flips her husband over onto his back before pinning him to the ground.
"Get a hold of yourself, Ken!" She scolds.
"Good evening Touka, his highness is a little busy being a coward. You should come back later, when he's less weak," the pinned ghoul mocks her efforts to get her husband back.
"I am not leaving," Touka replies, "you'll have to kill me. You really don't know either of us, do you?" Touka's husband shifts under her, attempting to escape, which is futile.
"You win, you little..." He trails off then starts mocking once again, "have your coward back. He has missed you, dearly." The Kaneki's body goes stiff, then he relaxes.
"Touka, can you please get off me?" Ken asks in a soft, sad, tone. The female ghoul complies with his request, but once he is sitting up he pulls her back down. Kaneki rests his forehead on Touka's shoulder. She strokes his hair, ignoring the instinct to teach him a lesson.
"Your hair changed again," Touka observes as she moves her head to see the crimson colour, "I still like it when it was black." Ken pulls his mask off, giving him the chance to bring his lips to hers. It was a kiss that told Touka how much he missed her, but it also promised many things for them; it promised hope, it promised acceptance, it promised a future, and most importantly it promised her he would do anything for a family.
Touka loves Ken, something she will only admit to him, with all of her heart. She has missed him, and she feared she would never see him again. Ken, then, pulled her into his arms, no longer making promises. Touka may not look it, but through her rough exterior, she is fragile. Ken is one of the people in her life who will be able to mend the shards of her broken heart, if it were to break.
"Sorry for interrupting," Touka hears Oliver's voice speak in Japanese, "but we need to get back to the lab." Touka hears Ken sigh, but he stands supporting his wife in his arms.
"Ken," Touka warns, "you know I can hurt you." She only hears Ken chuckle at her threat. He moves quickly towards the Flash's hideout.

Words~ 1223
The updates will now be once a week...

❤️~ACR