Chapter 1.12

A female walks through dark alleyways within the night. No one seems to know about her kind; at least that is what she deciphered from the lack of news coverage, not to mention her placement in the United States. There has been a lot of attention on someone called the "Green Arrow" and some people who follow him around. Touka's thoughts are interrupted when someone speaks behind her.
"Little lady," a man speaks with a shaky voice, "g-give me your wallet." The female ghoul looks at the weak man, the hand holding his gun is shaking and he looks about ready to collapse.
"I don't have money," Touka says with a heavy accent. She hadn't studied english too much, something she is now regretting.
"A foreigner," the man mumbles, seemingly relieved. He lowers his gun, then moves closer to the woman before him. Touka holds her stomach protectively, a useless attempt due to her durable ghoul body. He stops when he catches her action, his eyes turn from kindness to empathy.
"Stay away," Touka growls animalistically. The man freezes, except his eyes aren't on the pregnant ghoul, they are behind her.
"Get away from her," a feminine voice demands. Touka watches as a woman, in black leather and a black mask, runs towards the man. She passes the ghoul as she swings around a metal staff at the man. The male seems to regain his courage, he lifts up his gun and aims at the woman fighting him. The female knocks the weapon from the man's hand. She renders him unconscious with one last strike of her metal staff.
An arrow with a cord attached imbeds itself into the wall. Someone slides down it, Touka recognizes the man wearing green to be the Green Arrow. He lands in front of the woman clad in leather. He speaks to her harshly,
"I told you to wait for me." The woman stares at him defiantly.
"He was going to kill her!" She argues pointing at Touka to prove her point. The man looks at the ghoul while the woman continues, "he could have killed her and her baby!" Touka stares at the pair while they argue, however she almost doubles over at the pain of her stomach. The ghoul can't fully bend over due to her rounded abdomen. Her stomach growls with the protest of her denying the unconscious food in front of her. Touka nearly collapses from the pain, it feels like someone is punching her in the gut repeatedly.
"Hey!" The masked woman yells to get the ghoul's attention, "are you alright? Is something wrong with the baby?" At the mention of her child, she moves away from the strangers. Without her control, Touka's eyes change from their normal violet, to a crimson iris and pupil with black sclerae. The vigilantes stop in their tracks from attempting to approach the ghoul. She is now an animal backed into a corner--which is dangerous by itself-- add the protection of her baby onto that, and she is as merciful as the plague.
"It's alright, we want to make sure you're okay," the Green Arrow says with kindness in an attempt to calm her. Feeling more comfortable with her own language, Touka says in Japanese:
"Stay away, I don't want to hurt anyone." The man under the green hood sort of moves his head to the side, almost a sign of understanding.
"It's alright," the man replies in the same language, "do you have anywhere to go?" Touka shakes her head, now aware of two humans above her on the rooftops on either side of her.
"Keep everyone away," Touka orders, continuing with her first language.
"Stand down," the Green Arrow orders in english to something on his chest, before speaking to someone else who isn't with the four of them, "why is that relevant? Why should I ask her that?" The leather clad woman asks,
"Are you from this Earth?" Touka looks at the woman like she's crazy. "From this Earth" what does that mean?
"Have you heard of Ghouls?" Touka asks in english so everyone else can understand.
"The zombie, kind?" A masculine voice on the roof asks. The female ghoul shakes her head, to answer his question.
"What is your name?" The Green Arrow asks.
"Touka Kirishima," the ghoul replies sceptically. The man in green looks down in thought, or while waiting.
"Are you a student at Kamii University?" The man asks.
"No," Touka replies without a thought. The Green Arrow seems to listen to something again.
"Come with us," he says, "we can help you."
"I don't need help," the female ghoul says stubbornly, reverting back to Japanese. The masked woman steps forwards, with Touka moving her right leg back to get ready to fight if needed.
"You don't have anywhere to go," she says, "we can make sure you and your baby are taken care of." Touka can feel and hear one of the people above her, drop down behind her. She feels two guns pressed to her back.
"I said stand down," the man in green says angrily.
"Well, you weren't getting results fast enough," a man says in some type of city accent. Too fast for their eyes to see, Touka disarms the man and restrains his hands behind him.
"Don't move or your wrists break," Touka hisses into his ear. The Green Arrow lifts his bow with an arrow notched, he aims for Touka.
"Let him go," he doesn't voice the remainder of his threat. Another wave of hunger hits Touka, resisting the delicious smell of the man she restrains, the ghoul pushes him away. She holds her hand over her nose and mouth, in a successful attempt to stop the agony of her hunger.
"Please come with us," the woman pleads, something Touka finds odd. The masked woman doesn't seem like the type to beg or plead over something so easily.
"Why do you want me to come with you?" The female, ghoul, asks.
"To put it simply, a friend of ours wants to know something," the man Touka restrained, who wears a hockey mask, replies with irritation in his tone. What he says sounds suspicious, however the news doesn't seem to talk ill about them, nor do witnesses to their heroism. Touka follows them reluctantly.

The pregnant ghoul walks into a large room full of metal with some green lights, showing the mannequins that hold some suits, one being a red leather. There are four without displaying clothing, most likely the vigilantes' mannequins for their own attires. The room has a circular, raised, center that holds multiple computer screens and a blonde woman sitting in a chair.
"Are you alright?" The woman asks as she jumps up out of her chair, "they didn't man handle you, did they?" Touka stares at the woman, she has her blonde hair up in a tight ponytail, she wears glasses that frame her eyes, a tight dress that greatly limits her movement, and she wears heels seemingly far too high to function in. All in all, Touka doesn't see this woman as a threat.
"No," she replies quickly as she casually walks up to the blonde woman. The man in green tries to stop her, but the blonde woman puts her hand out, a gesture to make him cease the motion.
"I'm Felicity," the blonde woman introduces herself as the ghoul approaches her, "I know your name, I'm the person Oliver was talking to."
"What happened to not revealing real names?" The man in green, Oliver, asks with rage in his voice.
"Well, since she'll be staying with us for a while, I thought we should get names out of the way," Felicity replies.
"Who said I was staying?" Touka says angrily.
"You are not in a good condition to be out there, in the Glades, by yourself," the woman in black replies.
"You have no idea what kind of condition I will be in if I do not leave," Touka mumbles.

The male ghoul follows Caitlin and Barry to a room with a large treadmill on the center.
"You want me to run?" Kaneki asks.
"The treadmill reads how fast you can run. We built this for Barry at first, but now we use it for just about every methuman who comes in here," Caitlin replies. Ken pulls his footwear off, then he walks up to the machine. He starts at a jog, but before he goes any faster he asks,
"How long do you want me to run?"
"Um," Caitlin pauses, "how about twenty minutes?" Without another word, Ken runs at his most comfortable speed for the rest of the twenty minutes.
"How can you almost run as fast as me?" Barry asks. Kaneki looks at him for a moment, the ghoul does not see what he expects, he only sees excitement in Barry's expression instead of horror.
"It seems you are not the fastest man alive, Barry," Cisco remarks as he walks into the room.
"I am, Kaneki hasn't reached my top speed," Barry replies back. With a short chuckle Kaneki runs faster, just meeting the Flash's top speed. Cisco nudges Barry, then points to the screen that shows Ken's speed. Barry stares in awe until Caitlin says,
"Okay, you're all done." The ghoul slows until he can stop without being flung back by his momentum.
"Kaneki," Cisco pauses, possibly working up the nerve to ask, "can you show us your ghoul organ. I'll need to know where it is, so I can make a suit."
"If I choose to play hero with Barry and Ralph," Ken clarifies. Cisco responds with an eager nod. Kaneki sighs, reluctant but eager all the same.
He wants to fight, however no opponents seem to withstand his strength or bloodlust, to a certain extent. Grodd went down with two hits, a third, well placed one, and he would be dead. No enemy can live long enough for the ghoul to exert his pent up rage. Kaneki may not show it, but he is mad at the world-- or rather, worlds-- for taking him away from his family. Ken has always desired to be surrounded by people he loves, and he is constantly taken away from them.
"What's going on?" Iris asks as she walks in. Ken can't figure out what she was doing prior to walking in, but he may have seen her on the phone in his peripheral.
"Kaneki was just going to show us his predatory organ," Caitlin replies. Seeing as it was his day off, Kaneki wore a loose fitting shirt, a good fashion choice on his part. Without thinking too much into it, Ken takes a deep breath then expels it while he ceases his restraint. The organ pulses red, every so often. Kaneki moves them around, stretching the limbs. To him, they feel like what people would expect wings to feel, only these "wings" are on his lower back.
The four members of Team Flash, in the room, stare. Their mouths hang open, their wide eyes follow the weapons, apparently ignoring the hidden danger. Cisco recovers quickly and he moves behind Ken, just as quickly. None of them see the danger, something Kaneki will need to remind them of.
"I'm assuming you want the suit to be black, like your mask?" Cisco asks. Ken just nods as the long haired man steps away. Kaneki clenches his teeth when something brushes against his kagune. His eyes instantly move to Caitlin, she has discarded her papers and pen to slowly move her hand along one of Ken's multiple extra limbs. In full control, due to his meal earlier, the ghoul morphs the end of that same kagune into a hand.
Kaneki finally feels comfortable enough to try and make these new people a family on this earth. These four people seem the most open minded and accepting of Ken. He may not get back to his earth, but he's willing to make this place his new home.

Words~2004