Sway Me More (1) (T'Challa)

Summary: Shuri called T'Challa back to Cali under false pretenses. Or in his case, omitted details. The world of a dance teacher gets flipped upside down by the King of Wakanda. He learns that it really does take two to tango.

Pairing: T'Challa x Dance Teacher!Reader
Word Count: 2,400 words.

A/N: I watch a lot of Korean Dramas, that's a widely known fact. I just thought about this drama I watched about 3 or 4 years ago called Scent of a Woman (really sad, the main character has cancer and ends up falling in love with a man that doesn't know about her disease. but it was soooooo good. My 13 year old self was so amazed by the storyline.). Anyways, the show had this scene of the two main characters engaging in this intimate scene of the tango, where he initiated it because the woman had given up on pursuing him simply because she knew her disease would lead to her demise. But, his tango, the fluid and languid movements of them both proved that the tango really was a dance about wanting someone you know you can't have. It's a tug-o-war with your heart screaming, "I want that person" and your mind screaming right back, "But I can't have them." And I believed that in that moment of no words was absolutely the most sexiest thing my eyes had ever laid on. So, of course, I had to sprinkle in a little of Wakanda in that. And who better than the Royal King of Wakanda for that?

 And who better than the Royal King of Wakanda for that?

(T'Challa POV)

"This way, brother!" Shuri called out, her brother increasing the pacing of his walk to be right on her tail. This time she took yet another sharp right turn.

Where exactly was she trying to lead him?

The pair then stopped in front of one of the huge tinted windows, one aware of their current location and the other baffled that he followed along like a helpless little duckling. Shuri placed her hands on the surface, leaning in to peek around inside with sparkling eyes. T'Challa stood at her side, tilting his head to also poke his gaze around at the shrouded darkness.

"Shuri," He said as he taps a finger on her shoulder. The Wakandan princess doesn't budge at the sound of her name. "What are we doing right now? You sent out a distress signal on my comm link, claiming it was an emergency. Did something happen at the outreach center?"

"You could say that."

"You're being awfully vague, baby sister."

Shuri shrugged her shoulders, pulling her face back from the window to skip around her brother to stop in front of the doors. She opened one of the doors with ease and shoots her eyes behind her for a moment. "Leaves more to the imagination. Just follow me, brother. She should be here."

T'Challa blinked. "She?"

But Shuri disappears behind the doors. T'Challa is quick on his feet and scrambles inside to be covered in the momentary darkness of the hallway. Twinkling lights designed the sides of the wall and a couple low lit lamps shone over the floor, simply guiding the wary man in his quest of following just one foot after the other. He squared his shoulders and held quite the defensive pose, because knowing Shuri this might have been a playful ambush of some kind. His steps quickened once he reaches a single door casted off to the left side of the wall, eyes looking around before one hand braces the door and the other balled into a tight fist.