Loving You is Gold. (Tailor!Erik)

Summary: They can't help the attraction that they feel for each other. What will happen if those boundaries are suddenly erased?

 What will happen if those boundaries are suddenly erased?

— Gardenias. This beautifully stark white flower is known to carry a sweet, earthy fragrance that is one of a kind. Unlike other flowers, this particular breed is often the first to be chosen as part of the bridal's bouquet.

Dating back to the Victorian era—when romance was something that was prescribed to all lovesick poets and men searching for reason to find beauty in nature—people used flowers to convey heartfelt messages to lucky recipients.

Whether it be a loved one, a family member, or perhaps a secret admirer, these were exactly what the doctor (or in this case, a forlorn florist) would recommend as a remedy for curing those long distance love woes.

If the sender wanted to call attention to their feelings, then they would opt to send a handful of gardenias anonymously.

"You're lovely," they would say.

But if you put them in the right hands, its meaning would bloom ever so slowly. Even the most darkened and fragile hearts can't help but twinge at the sight of its indescribable beauty. The unique fragrance would envelop the receiver, thus enhancing the wistful enchantment a few moments more.

The meaning of a gardenia is what could only be described as an untold love. Their existence alone gave reason for it to be known as the most covetous flower of them all.

White—the most common color picked out—signifies the newly born innocence of two lovers and the untainted purity of a love that has time to bloom.

"I need your opinion on something," Erik said, not doing much to cover his apparent exhaustion through his own words which tugged a bit on my heartstrings further.

I rested the phone on the middle of my chest to get more comfortable. Sitting in my favorite chair positioned in the front of the window of my shop, I allowed my legs to dangle from the arm rest and pressed my back further into the other.

Thankfully it was a quiet day and not many customers would pop around in the mornings, giving me time to prepare for the business of the day of ahead mentally. And thus helped sow the seeds of my not so omitted truth of my real career as the owner of a quaint flower shop on the East Coast.

An identity I was keen on keeping a plain secret from the man that I may or may not have been crushing on my boss was pointedly aiming to make her next beau.

My brows furrowed as I caught the lingering taste of restlessness hanging in something that was so familiar to me. "I'm all ears."

"No," he paused for a moment to ponder as the sounds of papers wrestling became more audible and loud. "I need you here."