Lazy Kisses. (Painter!M'Baku)

Summary: The two of you finally share a day off together. How will you choose to spend that time?
Word Count: 2,437 words. Little short, but I was working through inspiration.
A/N: Hope you are all safe in quarantine! I haven't been too keen on writing and fell out of it for a while to read some books. But today, I thought it would only be right to indulge a bit in some Painter! M'Baku antics and do a little morning-after special. Enjoy! ;D

A series of tiny yawns pass through your lips as you lifted your arms over your head to stretch your limbs as much as humanely possible

The action was cut off midway when you took note of a pair of familiar swollen arms wound loosely around your midsection, moving slightly due to your impromptu stretch. Charcoal streaks stood out on the usually bleached and clean white sheets on your bed.

You shook your head in disbelief, peeking over your left shoulder blade to catch your bed buddy snuggled right behind you.

To wake him out of his sleep would be a daresome act that others would never attempt. You could weigh the gravity of your decision against your better judgment and suffer the consequences that lie before you.

But who better than you to poke the bear amid his slumber?

Snaking a hand down to rest on his arm, you slowly peel his wrist from your rib and lift his arm with your brows furrowed in concentration.

Some people would assume after years of being together that crawling out of bed inconspicuously would be a skill you mastered by now. Even with Okoye and Nakia teaching you to get one over on your enemy with languid movements and trained silence, it was not enough.

Not when your opponent is heftier in his muscle size and is needier than a child when he knocks out. They must have forgotten. The man was a complete giant after all. Just as you brought his wrist into the air—the light was just at the end of the tunnel and your escape was unarguably flawless—his large palm flipped to catch your thumb and hold the outside of yours, causing you to seize up under his soft touch.

"I have to say," M'Baku's voice came in closer to your ear now as you closed your eyes shut to keep from laughing, though your body was giving it away with the small shakes from suppressing your giggling. "I admire the dedication of your need to bring the skills you've learned from Okoye into our home. But am I such bad company to have in bed?"

Your hands hovered in front of your face that begins to heat up from the sound of his raspy morning voice. One of your weaknesses that he simply loves to exploit at any point he can.

"Quite the opposite, ife mi. I only wanted to go get breakfast started before you were to set off for the day." (my love in Yoruba)

M'Baku dusted a couple of languid kisses on your bare shoulder blade, the tips of his fingers catching the single string that keeps your nightgown covering your front and pushing it back into place. Once finished, you turned around to face him with your elbow propped onto the pillow and sink slightly under its plush and buttery softness.