CHAPTER 6: Close Your Eyes

||CHAPTER 6: Close Your Eyes||

Tia

"Layton, darling." I whisper, softly.

I place a gentle kiss on his right cheek, "Sweetheart."

It is the 18th of January, 7:40 in the morning. Layton was on the bed, in a cute Elmo one-piece, sleeping next to Andre. Andre's right arm was over Layton's body in a protective manner and Layton's head was on Andre's left arm, while his sweet little face was against Andre's chest.

I walk over to Andre's side. "Andre." I whisper into his ear, "It's seven-forty in the morning and you, have a meeting with Ms. Hernandez's daughter - Isabelle at 8:30 AM." With my right hand, I brush Andre's hair to the back and then I kiss his forehead and because of the kiss, a sweet smile crept onto his face. With his right arm, he wraps it around my waist. "No, don't think about it." I said, laughing.

I take a step back and sigh. In about 10 minutes, I have to leave because first, I have a meeting with Chen because we need to talk about, The Smile Train, fundraising event. Then, I have to meet with Logan, Lucas and Taylor because we have a dance class for the wedding. After Lucas and Taylor have to go to lunch with Lucas's older brother Peter, who - I don't know how - has grown more attractive. For, five days straight, I've been with Taylor because of the wedding. Therefore, I haven't had the chance to be with Layton. Thankfully, Andre has been with him. That's the reason I was really, really hoping I'd have the chance to have breakfast with Andre and Layton. Especially Layton. However, yesterday, Layton had a really long day. Therefore, he was tired.

I look at Layton while I brush my fingers through his hair, "My little angel." I said, as I sit on the bed. With my index finger, I begin twirling a lock of his brown hair. "Mummy's very, very sorry that she hasn't had the time to be with you, darling. Mummy really wants to take you with her but, she can't." I take a deep breath in and out, "Well, at the moment, she can't." I felt a tear slowly cascade down my face, and I close my eyes. But, when I felt someone brush their finger against my cheek, I open my eyes.

"Andre."

Once more, I close my eyes as I lean my face against the palm of his right hand.

"Cry." He said, softly.

I look at him with disbelief, "I-"

"Darling, I'm not going to say don't cry." Andre said, "Once, when I was crying, my father said that I shouldn't cry because crying is a sign of weakness. But, my step-mother said that crying isn't a sign of weakness. She said that, I don't always have to be strong every time and that when I'm in pain, I should never hold it within me. I should cry, scream, curse. Break a plate. That I should let go of the pain, the anger however I want to, as long as I don't hurt someone. Please, when you're with me, don't hide yourself. If you're in pain and you need someone to talk to, someone to listen to you or someone to hold you, then I'll be here waiting."

"But remember, it doesn't have to be me, I'm not the only one here waiting for you."

Logan Sutherland.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're Welcome, my darling." He said.

With one last kiss on the lips, I walk towards the door.

It was 7:50 AM, and the meeting with Wu Chen was at 8 o'clock.

'I hope I won't be late.' I thought, as I walk into the elevator.

26

25

"I'm definitely going to be late." I said.