CHAPTER 10: Why Don't You?

||CHAPTER 10: Why Don't You?||

Tia

It is 6 o'clock on a cold Sunday morning.

I stood next to a gorgeous, tall tree with pink flowers. Slowly, I look above. I smile, because it felt like someone was sprinkling beautiful, white clouds across the soothing blue sky. Now, because it was nine degrees outside. I wore a pink long-sleeve turtle-neck shirt, a black jean-jacket and a pair of black jeans with knee-length black boots. My hair was down, in loose curls, but I wore a black cap.

"What am I doing here?" I ask, myself.

Today, is the 5th of April 2015.

Therefore, I hadn't seen Andre for, four days.

When I saw him, for the first time in 3 years, I didn't know what to do.

Should I confront him?

Should I stay away from him?

It was difficult decision.

I was going to ask someone for advice, but I thought against it because in the end, it was a decision I had to make on my own. I wasn't going to talk to Andre without background knowledge.

Therefore, without any family or friend knowing, I hired a private investigator James Harris through Karl.

It wasn't the first time I met Mr Harris. Him and I met a day after the death of father and mother. I remember, I was at the Khan's mansion, when Detective Sullivan and Detective Harris came to talk to me. I never understood the reason but, because I wasn't comfortable with talking to Detective Sullivan, I spoke to Detective Harris. I told him about the relationship I had with Andre, from beginning to end. I told him about how father and mother were never against our relationship until Andre started changing. I told him about who Andre was friends with. I spoke to him about how it was a group of four people – Andre Alessandro, Wu Chen and two more people I haven't met. Once our conversation was over, him and Detective Sullivan left the house. That was the last time I spoke to Detective Harris because a week later, he was fired.

I never knew why.

Mr Harris and I were meant to meet at six o'clock.

Turning around, I look left to right. "Where are you?" I ask.

When I saw someone sitting on the bench, watching me like a hawk in the sky, I shiver in fright. When we made eye-contact, the person started walking towards me. Unconsciously, I took a step back because I felt like it wasn't Mr Harris. Unlike the strange person in-front of me, Mr Harris was 5'9 in height and was skinner.

With a deep breath, I immediately look across the road at café Tea Time. A day ago, Mr Harris said that, Andre was volunteering at Tea Time, for about six months. He was going to give me more information, but he didn't want to speak over the phone.

Andre came walking out of Tea Time, with an orange cup in his hand. He is wearing a white, long sleeve shirt. A black pair of long pants with an orange apron around his waist and black, work boots. His dark-brown hair is tapered on the sides and back but longer on the top.

Once more, I turn around to look at the figure.

The person did not stop walking

I froze.

'Move, run.' I scream, mentally. 'If not for you, for your child.' My eyes widen in realisation, 'I have a baby to protect!'

Turning around, I scream the name of the one person who took everything from me.