CHAPTER 12: Gone

AUTHOR'S NOTE

1. Listen to the voice recording.

2. Logan is speaking to his teacher in Japanese.

**

||CHAPTER 12: Gone||

Logan

As I stood underneath the waterfall, I relished the cold water, that cascades down from the mountain and onto my bare body. I stretch my arms whilst I tilt my head back to look at the beautiful sky. Taking a step back, I lean against the wet rock and a soft, deep, uncomfortable moan leaves my lips.

I was, Exhausted

Yesterday, after dinner – Lucas, Lachlan, Josh and I – went to our cabin to move forward with Kate's murder investigation and start investigating Tia's kidnapping. Truth be told, we were going to be patient and wait for Josh's co-worker – Detective Lawrence to investigate and give Josh information. However, within 6 hours of investigation, the case was...

"Solved and closed."

Therefore, while Lucas was with Josh looking for connections between the murder and kidnapping cases. Lachlan and I went to Fremantle Harbour to talk to Lachlan's informant about the Fairy tattoo I saw on the man's neck. 

But we found him...

Dead, with a note saying, "Try harder - K."

A reason why I haven't slept. 

And, a reason why I was here.

Turning around, I punch the wall in front of me, "Why, why, why...?" I scream in frustration. "No, I need to be patient," I said, softly, walking towards the boulder. Once I'm standing next to it, I lean forward to take hold of the black bag. Placing the bag onto the boulder, I unzip it to grab the white towel inside. After I wrap the towel around my waist, I take out my phone and lean back.

It's 11:55 AM

"I can't believe I've been here for 2 hours straight."

Suddenly, I hear soft whimpers.

'What?' I thought. When I look to the left, I catch a glimpse of a medium, light-brown box next to a tall tree, hidden underneath a pile of leaves. As I walk closer and closer, the whimpering sound becomes louder and louder. I kneel on the hard ground, before moving the leaves to open the box. "Unbelievable," I whisper.

Inside the large, light-brown box was...

2 German Shepard puppies, one black and one white kitten.

Without a second thought, I take hold of the box gently "Unbelievable." I said, once more, as I started walking towards the cabin. "I hope whoever it was always has a warm pillow at night," I said, "Nevertheless, I am here and, it's going to be okay."

In about 10 minutes, I arrive at the cabin.

"Logan, where were you?"

I look forward, it is Lucas waiting for me at the door.

"What's in the box?"

I smile at him but don't answer. We walk inside the cabin together and once we sit down on the couch, Lucas looks inside the box, "I was at Hidden and –"

"Jesus Christ, I am in love," Lucas said, in awe.

"Oh no, Taylor isn't going to be happy with you Lu-Lu." Lachlan chuckles, walking out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and a smaller towel around his neck. "What is he in love with?" He asked, "A sex do –" Lachlan stopped mid-sentence when he looked inside the box. "Oh my god, hello beautiful," He said, taking the white kitten in his hands, "I love you, baby girl." He whispers, lovingly placing a kiss on her head.