Chapter 1

The sounds of birds filled the silence of the calm morning, much to the man's annoyance. He sighed and looked at the sleeping boy on his bed, covered in bandages and bruises-but he slept peacefully so that was a plus. He resisted the urge to run his fingers through the golden softness of Naruto's hair and instead went to grab a book to fill the boring silence he was experiencing with Naruto's state of unconsciousness.... Or his former crush and rival's child as he had formally remembered him. His thoughts wandered to the stunning beauty of Kushina, of how he so desperately wanted to be with her. He only lost because a man who suddenly popped into her life was able to amaze her. It was sad really. The man thought bittersweet thoughts as he walked back to the room he kept the child in.

      The moment the man opened the door he was met with an apple to the nose. After a minute on the floor writhing in pain, he looked up to see that Naruto had awoken in a panicked state. He held the blade that laid next to the cut slices of the fruit in his small shaking hands.

     "Don't worry child, I mean you no harm."

     Naruto inspected the man with weary tear filled eyes as he began to settle back into the covers, not letting go of the knife for safe measures. 

     "Who-who are you?"

     The blond child asked in a trembling voice, scared that he'd snap his vocal cords if he spoke any louder. The man let out a hearty chuckle as he smiled kindly at the child. Naruto was caught off guard at the wonderful sound directed at him. He was confused. The mysterious man noticed the cute tilt in the childs head, sighing fondly.

     "Y-you still ha-haven't answered my question.."

     The man looked at the child, whispering nonsense to himself. Something Naruto was able to pick up was "self control" and "he's too cute for a boy". It only really caused more anxiety and suspicion as the man still hadn't answered him.

     "O-oh right, ahem. I'm Shiromiya, Takesho Shiromiya. Your mother used to call me Shiro so I guess you can call me that as well."

     The man's, or Shiro's, words surprised Naruto. All Naruto could think was that he wanted more information on who this man was, and how he knew his mother/his parents if by chance he knew both his parents.

     "You knew my mother?" Naruto softly asked.

     "Haha, yes child. I did. We are both from the same clan actually; the Uzumaki clan. Although my hair isn't as red as the other Uzumaki, I'm very much part of the branch family." Shiro grabbed a loose strand of hair, eyeballing the blood-Burgundy shade. He sighed thinking of the bright crimson of his princess' hair as his only paled in comparison to hers, blatantly showing he was of lower class in the clan's hierarchy.

     Naruto stared in silence as he began taking in Shiro's appearance. His shaggy red bangs covered his eyes to a minimum, almost hiding the most beautiful shade of stormy gray almost blue eyes Naruto had ever seen. With Shiro's hair reaching his shoulders, Shiro often kept it in a ponytail as he did now. His bangs hung loose, framing his pale sculpted face. Naruto noted that Shiro wore a v-neck long sleeved shirt accompanied with standard shinobi pants, nothing too out of the ordinary for Naruto.

     While Naruto was taking in Shiro's appearance, Shiro was taking in Naruto's as well.

---

Sorry if this chapter is short, kinda think of it as a little preview for the next chapter and I'll make Chapter 2 longer.