Chapter 3

Naruto giggled as Shiro and himself walked hand in hand towards the Kage Tower.

     "If you want to live with me, we'll first need to talk to the Sandaime so he can make sure it would be okay."

     Naruto recalled Shiro telling him after they had breakfast. He had told him of his fears in a nervous break down full of tears, but Shiro listened through has rambles with a soft smile and he was grateful. Shiro stood by Naruto's side in a protective manner when he noticed how hostile the villagers were towards the small child, making Shiro worried that something would happen. He felt as if Naruto was his little brother, especially since he was only 14 years younger than the shinobi. That worried Shiro.

     'If Naruto's always this cute, then I might develope a brother complex..'

     Shiro sweatdropped.

     Naruto pulled at Shiro's sleeve to steal his attention from his thoughts. The small child asked more about Shiro's past, learning that he grew up in the Takumi Village with his parents who had survived the 3rd Ninja War with his grandparents, seeking refuge.

     "Takumi Village? I've never heard of that place, are you sure it exists?" Naruto had let out in a confused grumble.

     "Of course, haha! I grew up there after all, at least until I was around 5 when my parents took me around the nation to explore and where I met your mother while she was on a mission for my father." Shiro scooped up Naruto, smiling at the child's giggling, and carried him towards the Kage's Tower.

     "What was Takumi Village like?"

     The shinobi smiled at the child's curiosity.

     "Takumi Village is in the Land of Rivers, it isn't really big so I guess you wouldn't really know about it. Well, uhh-hmm. It's hard to think of things about that small village on the spot. Oh right! Why some people from other great nations might know the Takumi Village is because we're known for our skills in making weaponry, why your ask?-" Naruto tilted his head, "-is because a lot of the weapons we make are sold to the ninja villages of the world!"

     Naruto's eyes gleamed in awe at how amazing Shiro's birth village was, and he had never even heard of it! 'Wooow!! Now I wanna learn more about the places he's been!!" Naruto's eyes flashed a brighter blue in determination.

     "We're here-" Shiro gently let down Naruto and let him stand, "-now time to go to force the old man to let you live with me!" Naruto let out a soft laugh. He hadn't felt this content since forever. Naruto wanted to protect this happiness for as long as he could.

     Shiro gripped Naruto's hand in his, leading him to the Sandaime's office. Naruto looked that Shiro's hand in wonder at how it was so warm in this cold weather while softly rubbing his cheek softly against the back of Shiro's hand. Shiro cooed at how cute the small child was and he couldn't get enough of his adorable, small self. Naruto purred quietly at the warm feeling on his cheek that sheltered him from the harsh Febuary air that seeped into the tower, cooling it even further with its AC.

     "Naruto,-" The child looked up at Shiro mid pur, making the older let out a chuckle, "-come on, let's go in." Shiro nudged Naruto closer to the door as if saying go on. Taking his silent words Naruto pushed the subtly heavy door open, Shiro trailing silently behind him with a smile.

     Shiro aproached the Hokage's desk with Naruto close behind. Shiro stopped suddenly, causing Naruto to bump into his back, grabbing onto his vest. The Hokage's eyes scanned the scroll a shinobi had given him, not yet noticing the duo unlike the ninja did, sending Naruto a sneer that had him sinking into Shiro's side. Not taking this lightly, Shiro sent a sharp glare and coughed, gaining the Hokage's attention.

     "Ah, Takesho!" Hiruzen's eyes softened at the sight of an old friend's familiar face. "What do I owe the pleasure of this sudden visit?" Hiruzen's attention now completely off of the scroll, he sent a dismissive wave towards the ninja, sending him off.

     "Weeeeelll-" Shiro dragged on, softly placing a reassuring hand onto Naruto's shoulder. "-I wanted to ask of a favor, if you don't mind." Shiro scratched his neck sheepishly with his other hand, sending a smile towards his old friend.

     Hiruzen lifted a curious eyebrow, not yet noticing the blob of sunshine pressed against Shiro's side. He gestured for the shinobi to continue.

     'He's just going to ask if I can live with him, I shouldn't worry, Shiro knows what he's doing. Nothing can go wrong-' Naruto thought silently to himself, sweating bullets at how nervous he was.

     "I want full custody of Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze."

     Naruto and Hiruzen stared in shock at Shiro who mearly had a soft smile adorning his features.

----------------------

Sorry for the cliffhanger! I'm currently writing all of my books on my phone and it gets quite tedious so I decided this would be a good place to stop. Hope you enjoyed!