Chapter 6

A/N: Hey just a quick thing, I do art (shameless plug; find me on Insta @cool_beans_s) and I had a sudden strike of boredom and decided to draw Shiro, my character. Sorry if he didn't look the way you envisioned him but at least you won't need to anymore, but if you don't like how I drew him that's fine you can keep imaging how your Shiro looks like and this is just a doodle, if you all would like I could do a more refined drawing. 👍

Also! There's an announcement at the very end of the chapter and a sneak peak for a future chapter! See you next time!

--------------------
(Shiro's P.O.V.)

     I look at Naruto's sleeping form, him clutching onto the hem of my shirt. I look at the electric clock on my nightstand and see that it's only 2 AM, evident by how dark it was out of the window. I sit in the darkness of the room, contemplating my next moves. After what seemed like forever, I began to softly smooth out Naruto's hands, coaxing them to let go of my shirt. After a whispered cheer when he lets go, I softly sneak out of bed, taking cautious steps as to not wake up the sleeping child. As I make my way to the front door I grab my ninja sandals and a thin sweater, not really minding the cold of the early morning. I grab my keys and head out, making my way towards the Hokage tower. I think over the last 7 months of my life, a beautiful light suddenly appeared out of nowhere, owning the name of Naruto Namikaze Uzumaki. He's doing spectacular in his studies and training, and as much as I hate to say it he's becoming more like his dad. There still are those wonderful moments where his mother shines through, but I am seeing his father's talent and maturity more now-a-days. I felt my eyes burn when I thought back to how I had found him, pushing the tears back in anger at the memory of all of his scars that littered his body. The scars on his face took especially long to heal, scarring the worst.

     A snap pulled me away from my thoughts. I look down in surprise at the shoe imprint I had left due to the subconscious release of chakra I had let out into the ground. I look at the cement of the steps and my shoe print, softly circling the edges as I was once again pulled into my thoughts.

     I reach the Hokage tower a dozen minutes later, looking around the structure for the open window the Hokage left open for people like me. Once I spot it I jump onto the ceiling of the home next to it and make my way toward the window. I'm met with an unfamiliar stench of alcohol as I cover my nose, my eyes raking over the room. I walk over towards the pile of papers and littered porcelain sake bottles, my heart hurting when I look at the mess that Hiruzen was. I begin to collect all of the bottles around the snoring figure and pluck the last bottle from his arms, letting him rest his head in the empty space between his crossed arms where the bottle was. While organizing a few papers one caught my attention.

(Hiruzen's P.O.V.)

     A groan escaped my chapped lips as I felt myself slowly gain consciousness. I try to lift my head but I couldn't help but flinch at the sharp throb the sobriety brought.