07 Conference PART 2

Ace's POV_

I just sit there in my bed for about two hours. Just glaring at the ceiling. I continue to try and keep my heart beat from beating out of my chest, but it just continues. I bite back a long string of cussing, trying to keep my elements under control. Clamping my fists closed so nothing would form, I growl out.

Knowing that there was only one way for me to calm down, I stand up and walk to my bedroom door. I open it and there, in the hallway, stood my mate. I look at her, a confused look on my face. But deciding it wasn't very important, I just walk away down the hall, my back faced to her. I can feel her presence walking shortly behind me, but I ignore it. Instead, I walk.

Since all the Alphas were already in the conference, the only people that were out was the pack, Omegas, and the Betas. A few people in the room nods in my direction, not making eye contact as they scattered from the room. Meanwhile here I am, attempting to hold in my elements.

As if I can finally breathe, I gasp for air when I open the front door of the pack house. I fill up my lungs and let it out long and slow. I close my eyes and take in the sounds as well as the aromas. The peaceful sound of the birds chirping and the smell of flowers when they swayed in the slight breeze. To be honest, it was more like the Earth was my best friend. While the weight of life dragged me down, it was as it the Earth picked me back up. And no, I'm not talking about gravity or anything. As long as I'm outside, I'm in my happy place. Though even I'm not gonna lie, my "happy place" turns into my "Hell" real fast depending on my emotions.

I open my eyes slowly, fully realizing that my mate stood right behind me. So just like that, I shift into my wolf mid-air  as I jump off the porch. My two front paws land on the ground first, making the ground slightly shake. I don't take that one second to just stand there. In fact, as soon as my hind paws touch the ground, I start running. I can feel my wolf howling inside me, urging me to run faster. So, I do. I bound off into the forest.

Immediately, I hear my mate's bones crack and I smell her wolf's scent. The delicious scent reaches my nose and I try to keep my wolf from running back to her. I pound my paws harder into the ground and put more leap into my back legs, making me spring over fallen trees at the speed of lightning. She's slowly following behind but I can tell she's trying her best to keep up. Her creme colored wolf lets out a playful growl and I only continue running.

Her wolf is thinking of it like a game of tag. When in reality, I'm trying to keep my elements from escaping. Being around her just makes them become more uneasy.

I speed up as if it was possible, making her immediately fall behind me. I zip around in a circle around her. Stopping my run, I hide in the shadow of a tree, getting low to the ground as I face the back of my mate. She carefully sniffs the air as her whole body flinches, as if the air became poison. Sniffing around some more, she turns into the direction of where I am. Knowing she couldn't see me, but more of looking for me, I leap out from my hinding spot.

Tackling her to the ground, I use my huge wolf paws to pin her down. Lowing my head to hers, I let out a loud snarl, my canines only millimeters from her face. Just like that, I leap off of her and take off running forward. Of course I scared her so she won't follow.

But no, my mate is just too damn stubborn for her own good. Knowing she was pumping her back legs to try to keep up with me, I last second turn right, making her continue going straight as she scrabbled to turn.

Knowing exactly where I am, I near a cliff. A cliff where just below, is water. I pick up speed meanwhile I hear her paws scrape to a stop.

Just on the edge of the cliff, I leap off with my hind legs.

Before I know it, I'm free falling. The wind blows into my fur as I fall all the way down, my body hitting the surface of the water. Reaching the bottom of the deep lake, I use a huge amount of power to kick off from the ground.

Using that as my leverage, I break the surface of the water. Doggy paddling my way to land, I shake out my fur. I look behind me on top of the cliff to see my mate standing there. Only with my enhanced hearing did I hear her loud whine. Her wolf paws at the ground and for a moment, I feel sad.

The second time today. Normally I wouldn't feel sad once.

But like I am, I use negative emotions and mold them into a neutral feeling. So like that, I take off running.

Again.

_______

HEY EVERYONE.

Sorry the updates have been.....non existant for a while. A lot of drama and things came up.

But worry no more. I will be releasing more chapters MUCH MORE now. THE HIATUS IS DONE AND OVER WITH SO NOW I WILL BE MAKING LONGER CHAPTERS AND THE UPDATES WILL BE FREQUENT.

Please comment!

What do you want to see in the next few chapters?

VOICE YOUR THOUGHTS!

~Koalaz99