22 If You Have Time

Ace's POV_

"Skylar..." I rest my forehead against the door and wrap my hand into a fist. Lightly tapping at the door a few times, I lose hope in her answering. My hand drags down the door and I squeeze my eyes closed.

I turn around and slide my back down the door until I sit down.  I lay my head back until it hits the door. "Sky...I can smell your scent. Please, open the door."

Several minutes pass and I start to become convinced that my nose was playing tricks on me. My eyes snap open the door clicked out of socket.

"I'm not giving you much time.." Her soft tone cracks and I turn my head to get a look at her. There were dark circles under her eyes and she gave me a sad smile. But I could see that under it, she appeared to be in pain.

"That's all I need.." A smile appears on my face and I jump off of the ground. She looks at me kind of weird and I brush past her.

Going to sit on her bed, she looks out of place. She slowly makes her way next to me and I could tell she's stiff.

"What did you...need to say..."

"Well...to start off..I need you to take this serious. I know it'll sound ridiculous...but.." I put my head down and close my eyes. I could feel my anxiety spiking. My breathing became uneven and I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Using her to calm down,  I take deep breaths.

"Just say it...get it out, then you can explain it." She encourages me and I give a weak smile.

"I..I can bend elements..." I look up at her and she was holding back some anger.

She stood up in front of me and crossed her arms. "Really, Ace. Im giving you an opportunity to make things right and you...you pull this sick prank?" Tears gathered in my eyes and I looked down. "You aren't Avatar, alright? Please leave."

"Sky...please believe me. Why else do you think I've been bottling everything up?!" I grab my hair into tight fists and rock my body back and forth.

"Uhm, because you're mental?" I've never seen her like this before. Her arms were crossed and she looked like she would like nothing more than to kick me out.

I stood up quickly and that's when I let myself break. After so long of losing people, I just wanted one person to be here. The one person that should be here. I need my mate...

Tears go pouring down my face and for a second, I see her relax. Then she tenses back up again. I go to pull her into a hug, but she just shoves me away. Which she wouldn't be able to if I wasn't so hurt right now.

"I can't be hurt by you anymore. I've been here for how long, you not reciprocating my feelings." She looks desperate at this point and I felt my heart begin to slip.

"It's that I wasn't reciprocating your feelings! I just didn't want to hurt you!" My words developed into yelling. I was sobbing and I knew that.

"Well guess what, Ace. You did that anyway. Now get out." She didn't even wait for me to respond, she just grabbed a hold of my wrist and threw me out.

She slammed the door in my face and i stood on the other side for so long. Just crying.

×
That's what would happen, just about every day. I'd go up to her door, beg her to let me in. And after hours of me begging, she'd let me in. Then kick me out again.

Only here recently, she hasn't even responded. I've tried multiple times to even show her my power. But every time, my powers wouldn't even surface. It's like after so long of having it at the brink of coming out, now I can't even sense it.

It's almost as if along with my soul being numb, the elements were numb as well.

These elements have never so much as let me have one person around me. Atleast the people who I want. But this girl...I can't lose her. I can't be like this. Broken down... An alpha should stay strong even in the most desperate of times. But why is that the one thing I can't do?

I hate myself for pushing people away. I hate the elements for keeping them away. I can not sense a time when it has done me good. I just want to be happy. 

I just want to be happy.....
x

"Sky...please stay with me.." I put my hand against the door and squeeze my eyes shut. "It's been weeks..."

Silence is all I hear. I smell around the door and notice that her scent is leaving. It's almost as if, the room itself was the only thing that was smelling like her. Like she's been gone...

"Sky?" I turn the knob and I felt my stomach drop. It was unlocked. I push the door open in a rush and run in.

The room was spotless like it had always been. The only few things of hers that I could point out was all of her school work, her perfume, and a few hair ties. But apparently she had left one more thing. This time, she left it on purpose; for me.

I reach down towards the bed and lift up a letter, sealed shut. On the front it was printed: Ace. My heart hammered in my chest when I saw my name on it.

To: Ace,

     I know this is hard, and I know we've been crumbling for a long time now. Neither one of us have benefited from this relationship. Or whatever you can even call it. You have your duties, and I have mine. It is time you spent your time not on me, but as your role as Alpha.

    Did I enjoy those rare moments where I felt like we could actually come together? Yes. Do I wish I could take back that one night we spent together? More than anything. I've given some very precious things to you. We would go through something vital to a relationship...that I wish I hadn't shared with you.

     The things I regret? Not leaving sooner...maybe we wouldnt have gone down the paths that we did. But it's all been done. Now is our time to share those moments with other people. I don't know who- I have not found it yet.

     I have left with Mel, and we both have you blocked. But because of the friendships we gained over there, we have not blocked them. So please, do not try to contact us in any way, shape, or form. I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for.

From: Skylar Moore

My hands start shaking and by now I had already collapsed to the ground. I couldn't believe it. My mate is gone..

And it's all my fault.

______

Hey guys...
I hope you stick with me, lol.

This story is not over.