26 The Next Time

Ace's POV_

"I'm surprised that you agreed to come." Jaxon chuckles at me and I shake my head. 

"You act like I have control." I stretch out my aching muscles and grin at him. "If I don't, then I'll get punished by the werewolf council. And I've heard from many that they are strict." 

"Go figure." Jaxon laughed and shook his head.  

"Yeah, yeah." I grab an apple from the table and look around the Moore's residence. 

The last time I was here, it was when I met my mate. I feel my heart plummet. The amount of withdrawals I was having from not being around her was astronomic. I could smell her scent wafting around the house in waves. But I knew at one point or another, I'd catch a glimpse of her. Her long dark brown hair that fell down her back in graceful waves. Along with her deep dark blue eyes. Those eyes have been giving me nightmares for a while now. Truth be told, I blame myself for her cheating. 

It's my fault. I wasn't able to give her what she wanted. I don't blame her for going to another man in my absence. I never gave her affection or even an opportunity to have a conversation with me. I don't think I had cried for years. But then all of a sudden she came into my life. I had been crying for a long time. 

I recognize just how toxic that was. But in my eyes, it improved me. It made me realize that I don't have to be so cold. At least not all the time. There was even a point in her absence where I would still accept her. I'd be more than happy to help her raise a child. It didn't matter if it were mine. I think I'd be okay with anything, as long as I could have a chance to make her happy. I was given a mate. There's no chance in hell that the Moon Goddess could ever be wrong. 

"I just...are you sure, Ace?" Jaxon stood across from me and also grabbed an apple. He took several chomps. 

"I'm fine!" I asserted with a little pike of anger. My outburst grabbed the attention of the people around me and I just ignored them. 

"You act like I didn't hear you sob and trash your room or office every night." Jaxon mutters under his breath and I keep a steady glare on his forehead. 

"How about you just shut up..." I growl at him. He just rolls his eyes. 

"H-hey guys." Mel all of a sudden joins the conversation. Jaxon quickly jumps and gulps. 

"I didn't expect either of you two to talk to us." I say casually as she just shrugs. 

"Yeah well, I'm here to talk to my ma- ahem. I'm here to talk to Jaxon." Her eyes immediately fall on his and he raises an eyebrow. 

I didn't anticipate him to actually say yes. Or how he just followed her like a little lamb. I was left there leaning against the counter all alone. I quickly finished my apple and threw out the core. I hated everything about this right now. 

"Uhm...hey.." I look down to see my mate standing there rubbing her arm. 

Just as she was about to bob her mouth open to say something, I grabbed her into a hug. I just began to cry into the crook of her neck. I could no longer control my emotions. Because right now, my emotions were screaming to hold her. My wolf within me purred and pleaded for me to keep her like this. There was not a single thing I'd like to do more. 

"Please don't leave me again..." I gulped as I held her like that for a long time.

I began to finally pull away. She had gone to say something to me but I shushed her. Truth be told, I didn't care about what she was about to say. I knew was she was trying to get at. I was in deep fear that she'd reject me for whoever the baby's father was. I picked her up and set her lightly on the tabletop as I stood in between her legs.