09 Sik World

Skylar's POV_

Clearing my throat, I look over to Mel in uncertainty. It's three o'clock sharp and mostly known as the time I go to my mate's pack. Of course, my father is overjoyed. He's practically already making wedding plans. Mel looks to me in a loving sister way and I give her a weak smile.

"It's okay, Sky. I promise." She straightens her back and gives me a confident smile. "And if that Alpha of yours even dares to hurt you," Mel cracks her knuckles. "I'll break him."

I arch an eyebrow to her in amusement. "Hun, you're shy, remember?" I softly laugh as I drag her to one of the cars that will escort us to Ace's pack. Melody rolls her eyes at me with a scoff. "Woah." I mumble under my breath as I notice that the cars we were given were probably the most modern cars you could ever see.

"You could say that again, but I'd expect nothing less from Alpha Ace." She points it out to me and I give a slight no. What she says is true. I've heard nothing but rumors on how rich the guy is. Money doesn't matter a lot to me, it's just a part of life I have to deal with.

As we silently sit in the back of the car we were told to stay, I look out the window and towards my house. My father waves to me from the front porch and I slowly raise my hand to wave back. We had already said our good-byes but my heart still hurts. How could a person so easily leave behind their family? Because however other people do it, I don't think I could do the same.

I feel heat rising to my cheeks as my mate comes into view carrying all my luggage. And I mean all my luggage. That crap isn't light yet he legit picked it up with ease! I can't help but to gape. As Ace made his way over to the trunk, we made eye contact and I could see no emotion in them. No happiness. Although his facial expression was pulled back into pain. But just like that, he looks away. After throwing the luggage in the back, I see him come around to the hood of the car. 

That's when I see his friends walk up to them. I believe their names are Jaxon, Taveron, and Josh. Although I don't recognize the two girls with them. I assume one girl is mated to Taveron and the other to Josh.  I can tell because in some way, they're touching each other. I notice the corners of Ace's mouth twitch up shortly after Taveron said something. Ace's mouth moves and my nerves get slightly shot when the girls laugh. I just met him and I'm already feeling jealous.

"I wish I could read lips." Mel mutters beside me, voicing my thoughts exactly.

"Same here." I breathe, looking down at my hands that were sitting comfortably in my lap.

Once I look up, I notice the whole group looking at Mel and I. Feeling heat rush to my cheeks, I quickly look out the window. It feels like hours passing when I hear the driver's door open as well as the passenger's side. 

Ace sits down in the drivers side and there beside him is one of the random girls from before. I easily notice the others go into their cars. Once the two close their doors and put on their seat belt, Ace starts up the car and drives.

Ace's POV_

Once Josh's mate, Violet, and I got in the car, I took off. Just as we started to move down the road, Violet speaks up.

"Soooo, you're the Alpha's mate, huh?" I turn my head just a tad to let her see me send a glare. Violet lifts an eyebrow at me and rolls her eyes. With that, I turn my focus back to the road. Looking through the side mirror, I see my pack's cars behind me.

"Yeah..." Skylar just barely makes out past her lips and for a split second, I felt sorry. But with me being me, I held in my emotions.

"Oh, what a delight!" I can practically feel Violet's smile. "And you are...?" I only assume she's asking Melody that.