10 The Broken Hearts Club

Skylar's POV_

A sudden shaking erupting from my body, my eyes snap open and unconsciousness slowly disappears. I look around, taking in my surroundings as I let my eyes adjust. I notice Violet smiling sheepishly to me as a frown takes a place onto my face. A yawn escapes my lips and I feel my eyes droop. It's definitely too late for this. Letting my gaze drift to the other side of the window, I easily take notice to the stars that hung in the sky like dazzling lanterns.

As I eventually jump out of my daze, a neutral look gets thrown onto my face as realization hits me like a sack of bricks.

"Welcome to the territory!" My head snaps over to the excited look on Violet's face. A grin on her face, she unbuckles her seat belt. "Wake up Mel, don't you mind?" I nod rather slowly, taking into account that I just woke up.

Unbuckling my seat belt, I reach over to Mel and shake her shoulder. "Mel? Wake up, we're at the pack." I keep my voice soft but sooner or later, it comes out forceful. I grin mischievously and resort to the only idea I have. "Ahhhhh!" I scream, "FIRE!"

Melody shoots up so fast, she starts holding her head in her palms from dizziness. Gathering her wits rather quickly, she looks over to me. "You bitch." Melody growls and yawns. "Giving me a migraine..." Then she grumbles something along the lines of 'Kids these days not respecting their elders.'

I roll my eyes and look to the front seat, unconsciously looking for Ace. Violet seemed to pick up on it because she looks over to me with a small smile. Subtly, she nods over to where Ace stood. In all his glory, he stood in front of an old lady and older man. I'm assuming that they're his parents. Immediately, I feel my throat close up in nervousness. 

"Let's go! I'll show you both to your rooms." Violet smiles as she opens her door and steps out. Right away she becomes bombarded to Bethany. Bethany squeals and screams about how much she missed her and I can't help but to smile.

I open my car door as well as Mel. I'm about to open the trunk when all of a sudden a hand slams against the top of it just as I lift it. Immediately snapping my hand back to me, I involuntarily yelp as the trunk thuds to a close. I look over to the belonger of the hand to see Jaxon. I immediately tilt my head to the side in confusion.

"Ace will send people out to get it." Jaxon nods to himself and with that, rotates on his heel and walks over to where Ace stood with his parents. I'm left there in the drifting fragrance of Jaxon's cologne.

Mel's eyes follow his retreating figure and then she turns to me. "What was that about?"

A light chuckle escapes my lips as I utter my next words. "I don't even know." With a shrug, I hook my arm with Mel's.

"Hey bitches!" Violet calls, walking over to us with a smile on her face. Bethany looks over to her, completely confused. She then whispers something to her friend. Not being able to hear her, I can only assume she was scolding Violet. "Live a little, Beth!" Bethany rolls her eyes and I can't help but to think, 'I think I might like this chick.'

They finally reach us and Beth gives us a small apologetic smile. "Sorry about that, but Vi here, is just so immature."

Violet gasps and puts a hand over her heart. "You're one to talk!" I laugh at her accusing tone and continue with shaking my head lightly.

"Anyway, before I was so rudely interrupted-" Just then, ironically, she gets cut off by Ace.

Ace's POV_

Walking up to the girls, I lift an eyebrow. "Your guys' rooms are open." It looked like I interrupted something because Bethany had an angry glare settled on me. I have to admit, her gaze made me feel slightly on edge. With a shrug, I walk off.

________

Sorry for the short update. The next one will be longer.