5 Years

VICTOR POV

I'm in my living room as I look down at the keyboard and sigh. Letting my hands fall to my side as I rub my face huge bags under my eyes as the tick of a clock echos throughout the room. I look at the letter I opened not to long ago and shake.

To: Victor Nikiforov
We are pleased to say that you have been ACCEPTED into our school. You demonstrated great skill and emotion in the Video you sent to us and we are thrilled to have someone with such great talent play and improve. You will be joining us next term and you're teacher will be Yakov Feltsman. A well known composer of piano pieces. He should get you on the right track within the next 5 years of you're major. We hope to see you in class.

I sigh pushing my hair back my ear still picking up the ticking sound of the clock. It's irritating..... everything is just so irritating and I just- I scream and slam my hands on the piano making an ugly sound shaking and tearing up crying hard. I didn't want to be accepted! Makkachin then yelps and he runs to the corner of the room out of being afraid.

"M-Makkachin....." He is whining and I stand up and walk over. I just got a new puppy named Makkachin and he is very gentle and kind. "Makka I'm so sorry....." I kneel down and reach out my hand to pet him but he runs away from me still afraid. My heart stings. And the whole room is grey and sad as tears just fall down my face.

I'm lost.

I just let my whole body fall to the ground my eyes now swollen and my whole body weak. Makkachin walks back to me gently moving my head. I just let it fall back on the floor and he continues pushing my head until he lays down gently kissing my nose.

"What do I do Makkachin.....? I'm finally here but I feel so hurt...." Makkachin then runs off and grabs his leash and gently places it down. I look at him and he wags his tail and pushes it close to me. I look down and he runs off again and grabs a ball and places it down and barks wagging his tail and moving into a playful position. I love playing with Makka and he knows that..... But tears just kept rolling down my face....

MAKKACHIN POV

Victor come on..... Please don't be sad. I push the ball a bit closer and cuddle his face. It will be okay. You will see Yuuri again. I promise. Victor gently grabs the ball and I get a bit of hope in my heart but nothing is working.... Come on...! I run back over to his room and I grab a notebook and put it down. You like writing down you're ideas right Victor? Maybe if you write it down it will make you feel better....? Still nothing. I go back. And then grab his phone. Music.....? Maybe you can look at pictures..... I'm whining now and Victor just puts his hand on my head and pets my ear.

Victor: "Thank you Makkachin. You're a good friend. But I don't think any of this can help....." But it needs to! Come on Victor smile! I finally then run outside and Victor sighs probably assuming I went to the bathroom when on reality I slipped though the fence to find Yuuri. I run down the strip of houses looking for him. Yuuri..... Yuuri..... He has black hair and brown eyes. And I then bump into someone and whine curling my back and stepping back. I hear a gasp and someone kneels down before I feel a gentle touch. I look up at them and my tail wags.

Yuuri: //Makkachin?! Why are you away from Victor?!// YUURI!! He kisses my nose better but then I grab his sleeve and pull him and bark. //What? Do you want me to follow you?// I jump and start moving. //MAKKA WAIT!// I took Yuuri all the way to Victor's house and though the loose fence. //I should tell Victor about that......// Yuuri then looked inside. All the lights are out as I walk in and show him, Victor, still crying and sad on the ground. This was my final chance to make him happy. I bark and Victor looks over and sees Yuuri and he gets up out of shock and shakes.

Victor: "Y-YUURI!" Yuuri turned on the light showing how sad Victor was and the letter from the school that sat on the top of the piano. Yuuri connected the dots quite quickly and walked over and kneeled down hugging him. "N-No Y-Yuuri I don't..... I'm okay......" Yuuri hugged tighter and Victor hid his face and hugged him back. "I'm so sorry flower. I'm so so sorry....." I don't know Yuuri very well yet. All I know is that he can't speak and Victor loves him with all of his heart. But..... Yuuri he is so kind. He is just rubbing Victors back and holding him letting him cry and being strong for him. I am going to miss him..... Yuuri lets Victor go when his sobs stop and he kisses his cheek holding his hand.

Yuuri: //I am so proud of you Victor.//

Victor: "Yuuri..... That's 5 years. I- don't know when I will ever see you again...." Yuuri sighs before standing up and picking Victor up.

Yuuri: //I wanted to wait until tomorrow but. Follow me okay I have a gift for you.//

VICTOR POV

Yuuri brought me to his house and he brought me to his cherry blossom tree and he opened my hand.

Yuuri: //Can you catch a pedal for me?// I nod and catch a pedal and Yuuri smiles and gently closes my hand and kisses my hand. //A kiss so you will always have my love.// He then moves my hand over his heart and closes his eyes for a bit. //A wish so that you can stay safe and happy.// I tear up and Yuuri takes out a small vial held closed by a cork and he helps me put the pedal inside of it. //And a cherry blossom pedal so you always will remember where you're home is.// Yuuri then connects it to a chain and lets it hang around my neck. I hug Yuuri and sniffle.

Victor: "F-Flower..... I- Thank you." Yuuri gently plants a kiss on my lips and holds me close smiling. "I love you too...." Yuuri looked shocked and I giggle a bit. "You're heart... I-It speaks for you."