A Song Dedicated To A Lover

VICTOR POV

Five years..... Wow. One moment I'm standing in front of a raven-haired and brown eyed man at the Hasetsu airport crying my lungs out while I hold him close to my chest and make promises that even to this day i'm afraid I can't keep. And the next it's 5 year's in the future back in Russia as the cold gently kisses my skin and leaves frost on the necklace Yuuri gave me year's ago. The pedal is still alive. Yuuri made sure of that before I left. I don't know what he did but it kept its beautiful pink color as it sits in a small jar and hangs around my neck. I shift my eyes up tucking the necklace back under my scarf and shirt before blowing air from between my lips. It's cold. And I miss Yuuri's warmth. And the warmth of Hasetsu.... Everything was so lush there and the trees where beautiful. I would wake up to the sound of birds instead of cars and people speaking and screaming in Russain. Almost makes me wish I never left but. I do like it. I have learned so much and my dream and my passion has only grown. The sudden fall of snow caused me to stop and smile. I reach out my hand and catch a few in my palm, the snow tuned to water and the familer sounds of people walking by on there phones or with there families surrounded me. I always took time to admire what I had. Yuuri admired everything from the smallest pedal of a tree to a beautiful mountain. I took that with me when I left and it inspired a lot of my music. I giggle continuing to walk until I get home and I am greeted by a big fluffy poodle who jumped on top of me and started kissing his face.

"Haha~! Makkachin~! Down boy down~!" Makkachin barks playfully cuddling into my face and wagging his tail. "Makka I need to work on a project~! You goofy boy~" I quickly wrap my arms around Makkachin and smile. "I love you too~" I then give him kisses all over his face and let him go where he leads me to my piano and sits next to it. Papers were shattered on the roof of the piano and I sigh sitting down picking up a paper and looking at the scores on the page. My final is in just one week and I haven't come up with anything to play..... the final project was simple create a piece of music of you're own. Yea.... seems simple at the surface. It's not like I don't understand theory that's not the problem. Everything I make is bland. It has no story. It's just notes on a page and no one is going to want to listen to that..... even if I pass with one of them I won't be happy. Although I keep finding myself play a certain pattern of notes.... it's new every time and I don't know why..... I reach my hands down to the keyboard and play the few notes that have been looping in my head for weeks until it stops.... it just. Stops. I know it's more then just notes I know it is. I reach into my shirt and grab my necklace with a cherry blossom in it and sigh looking though the beautiful flower though the glass. Before I left..... I would practice at the old school using their piano and Yuuri would come with me. If I got stuck he would help me with suggestions or meanings. Hell one of my favourite songs is called V O I C E it's about my dream and how I'm following it. But what about Yuuri......? I gently press down a key while thinking about him. he never spoke about his dream..... I know he has one. I place my hand to another key and find myself starting to play a song. It was a quiet and gentle song while I closed my eyes and thought. Yuuri doesn't have a voice but he still speaks..... so he is just- I stop suddenly and smile. It was like a gear clicked in my mind.

"S I L E N T" I quickly stand up running over to my spare room and grabbing my book that was filled with extra paper and when I got back I began to work. My left hand on the piano and my right drawing notes as I experimented and played with rhythms. I don't think I have ever gone through that much paper in my life. I used a total of 122 pages of paper and when I reached the 123rd! I finished it. It's 4 am in the morning and all the could be heard was the gentle hum of the piano as I lifted up my finger from the final key. On the page it said the following.

S I L E N T
Composer and Arranger
VICTOR NIKIFOROV
A SONG DEDICATED TO A LOVER.

I tear up looking at the music and gently take it in my hands and look down at it. I just make music dedicated to Yuuri.... do I really miss him that much? Sniffling I wipe my eyes away and smile putting the sheet back on the piano. The song is very gentle. Almost like a lullaby and I want it to tell the story of Yuuri and I before I left with some keys in there that are soft in beautiful but ugly and harsh in other places due to Yuuri's struggle. After the harsh notes I always calmed them down again. I yawn and look down at Makkachin who is sleeping his cheeks pressed up close to his face as he sleeps happily on the floor. I giggle and stand up picking Makkachin up in my arms and walking to my bedroom. When I get inside I lay Makkachin down and strip into my underwear and before I close my eyes I cuddle Makka and I see his tail wagging. I laugh to myself before kissing his wet nose.

"Probably dreaming about chasing a bird~ You silly guy~"