II.V. MYRIAH

⟣⟡⟢

⟣⟡⟢

MYRIAH

Jon provided her with all the sympathy he could spare after she had, yet again, broken out in tears right in front of him. Though she indeed was upset with Sansa, the true source of her distress was the child inside her. Normally, she managed to hide her feelings well, mostly because others did not understand how a child could influence its mother's thoughts and actions.

"I am a mess, Jon." she sobbed, trying hard to calm herself. "Why must I always disappoint the ones who care for me?"

"What are you even talking about?" Jon asked his question in more annoyance than interest.

Myriah looked at him, face wet with tears. For a second, she considered telling him the complete content of her discussion with Sansa, wondering how he might react. "I continually keep making the wrong decision."

He now sighed. They stood at their usual spot close to the fireplace, where only the flames could warm them as good as they warm each other at night. As his fingers brushed against her cheek, she felt a lot more comfortable and confident, but sad still.

"There is no need for you to share my sorrows." She told him after she had noticed his concerned look.

"Well, a sorrow shared is a sorrow halved. Or so they say." Jon said with a wry smile playing on his pouty lips, and he chuckled when she kissed the palm of his hand. "And why else would you come running to me crying if you would rather keep it to yourself?"

He always tried to understand her, forgave her when she snapped at him. And what did she gave him in return? Gloom and secrets. Myriah had always been a selfish person, much contrary to Jon.

"Now, what is causing you so much trouble?" He asked, which made her shiver a little.

She hesitated, searching for a good answer that wouldn't upset him or her more than they already were. It had been a hard day for both of them as it was. "The Yesterdays." was the best she could think of. "My indecent behavior, as well as my... greed for power when I was married to your brother. My need to catch my father's attention. I believe I was blinded by my title and did things a queen should not concern herself with." She made her confession not daring to look at him.

"We all made mistakes at that age," Jon replied considerately, cupping her chin. "Those we are ashamed of and those we regret. I understand if you don't wish to explain them to me. I don't wish to explain mine either. They are almost forgotten." He let out a long breath.

Jon was but a precise replica of his brothers and sisters, from Robb to silly little Rickon. None of them were ever greedy, selfish or envied others the way she used to do. All of them had good souls and were understanding towards their siblings and the household. Even the quarrels between Sansa and Arya were as easily forgotten as their mistakes were forgiven because none of them misbehaved like Myriah did. In fact, she thought herself to have shared more traits with Theon Greyjoy than with her other childhood friends. How she wished to be more like them.