II. VII. JON

⟣⟡⟢

⟣⟡⟢

JON

The air was fresh and chilly, but not nearly as cold as beyond the Wall. The massive ice structure kept the harsh winds from blowing south. And Jon was very thankful for that. His travel companions defied the weather with a brave face at daytime, but at night their teeth chattered so loudly that it kept Jon from falling asleep. There weren't many shelters to find on their way west to the Bay of Ice, so they tried to go as far as they could in one day. But Jon had underestimated the situation completely.

Ser Davos, Lady Melisandre, Sansa, and he were all on horseback, they could have made it to their destination within a sennight. Myriah however, was too afraid to mount a horse in her condition. So they had to find a cart and get her overly proud horse to draw it. And that delayed their arrival for several days. The cart was slow and got stuck in the snow more than one time a day. Additional to that, the party had to stop quite often because Myriah needed to take a walk in the woods.

But she apologized for it over and over again.

And while Jon waited for her to reappear between the trees, Sansa joined him.

"She can't even go a mile without having to go for a pee." His sister stated, more annoyed than amused.

Jon cocked his head. "Tell her just that and we won't be going anywhere today."

"Meaning no offense, but couldn't you have waited a few months?"

"Well, the Gods acts are often a mystery to men."

"Oh please. The gods aren't the reason why got into her bed." Sansa said with raised eyebrows and a soft smirk on her lips. Right at that moment, Myriah came trudging out of the wood. "There is your reason."

"Reason for what?" She asked as she climbed back into her cart.

"Nothing, my Dear," Jon assured her.

She squinted her eyes at him and her upper lip twitched, almost like she was trying to give him a fake smile. "You keep chatting about me, while you haven't got the slight of an idea what I've told Sansa about you."

"Things I'd rather not talk about." The redhead told him after she had noticed how he furrowed his brows.

The party slowly got moving again. To the sound of pebbles and snow scrunching under the hooves of their horses, Jon and his sister fell behind a bit.

"It is strange to hear you call her My Dear. It seemed unthinkable, but with your past and present, it is not that surprising anymore." Sansa said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that if she had a choice then she would have chosen you instead of Robb, even if it meant her ruin. And I know, you weren't in love back then, but you were very fond of each other. Don't try to deny that." She explained to him. "If it wasn't for me or my mother then the two of would have... happened years ago."