III.II. MYRIAH

⟣⟡⟢

⟣⟡⟢

MYRIAH

The Princess cocked her head at these words. "Pardon me," She began with a false smile, "but I believe to have heard you say Fire and Blood."

"That is indeed what I have said." The corner of Ricasso's mouth began to twitch nervously. "Your father's dead body was still warm when Ellaria declared to avenge the murderers of your aunt Elia and her children, and your uncle's as well. She gave the Dornish lords and ladies what they have been yearning for under Prince Doran's rule. House Martell and its bannermen have allied with Daenerys Stormborn, the true heir to the Iron Throne, for she is the last dragon."

"The Queen has recently taken Dragonstone and is preparing for war. Ellaria is gone to meet with her, and the three Sand Snakes have followed her." Maester Myles added in a low tone that was almost a whisper.

Myriah's lips formed a thin line. Ellaria was a whore. A mad, treacherous, tyrannic whore. The bastard had dared to call the Martell banners to raise an army for another queen's cause. An army that was supposed to be Jon's, Myriah's only true King, who needed these men more than anyone else, for the Night King was already marching south to the Wall with his dead men.

Daenerys Targaryen would have to wait with her war against the Lannister on the Iron Throne.

"Ellaria is a stupid bitch that thinks herself the Princess of Dorne," Myriah said in a matter-of-fact manner. "And my cousins are just as foolish to follow her. She has no say in the politics of this kingdom. She won't ever have a say in anything at all after I have executed her for murder and treason."

"And you have every right to do so, my Princess, but consider that Ellaria currently is the Dornish emissary in the Queen's council. Should you execute her once she has returned to Dorne, you won't just anger your people." Myles explained, trying to be reasonable.

"I am the Ruling Princess now, and whatever order I give will be carried out without question!" She spoke loud and harsh. "I cannot and will not let a murderer and traitor go unpunished. My alliance should be more important to that Targaryen than those of a filthy criminal, and should Daenerys not understand this then she is not fit to sit on her mad father's throne." Myriah made a break to take a deep breath and straighten her back. "You will send out ravens to all of my bannermen tonight, Maester. Tell them that their Princess expects them to arrive at Sunspear within a fortnight to swear their fealty to me. I will personally write to Daenerys, saying that I will delay the arrival of my army and that I want Ellaria, Obara, Nymeria, and Tyene punished for their treachery. And that would be all for tonight, Maester."

Myles bowed exaggeratedly deep before he left her office with a face redder than his hair.

"You certainly know how to put someone into their place," Ricasso said and she took that as a compliment. "Do forgive me, my darling Princess, when I say that our good Maester is not entirely wrong. Vengeance is what the Dornish had been longing for, and Ellaria gave it to them, together with a Targaryen queen. Now, Daenerys might be able to spare Ellaria and the Sand Snakes, but she needs her army, and your people's swords desire Lannister blood. Your father had tried to keep a delicate peace, and it died with him. There will be war. You cannot prevent it by holding back your forces."