III.VII. JON

dedicated to witchandbitch who needed Jon and Edrick to meet very badly

⟣⟡⟢

⟣⟡⟢

JON

Their embrace lasted for quite a while, yet Jon never wanted it to end, because, with this, Myriah managed to give him all the comfort had needed so badly during their time apart. He had his wife back, and he vowed to himself that he would not leave her ever again.

Her gentle hands ran over his arms when she loosened their embrace. Myriah's smile widened once their glances met again, and a single teardrop slipped from the corner of her eye, rolling down her cheek. "Come, you'll be staying in my chambers while you're here." She said and walked with him down the corridor, an arm around him. "I believe you would want some rest after your long journey."

"I've done nothing but resting these past weeks," Jon told her as placed a hand on her shoulder, very close to her neck. "No, I want you."

Myriah chuckled and gave him a kiss. "From my experience, I'd say you won't find much rest on this island anyway." Then, his wife stopped in front of a door, growing more solemn. "Unfortunately, sex will have to wait until supper is over." And with a sigh, she pushed the wooden door open.

The chamber inside was big and far from modest, and it was a mess as well. Everything inside just didn't seem to be in its formal place, from Myriah's gowns to the fruit platter. And in the middle of all that mess stood a tall, brown-haired man with a little boy on his shoulders. Their laughter lapsed into silence when they saw Jon.

"Thank you, Humfrey, for looking after Edrick," Myriah confirmed what Jon had expected. Who else could this lad be if not Robb's own child? A look at him was enough to notice the striking resemblance to his brother.

The man- Humfrey Hightower apparently- put the boy down and approached them.

"This is my husband Jon," She introduced him. "The King in the North." Then she placed a hand on his arm. "And this, my Love, is Ser Humfrey of House Hightower."

"'A pleasure to meet you." Humfrey grinned and extended his hand, which Jon only shook hesitantly.

He should have bowed, Jon though. Not that Jon cared if anyone bowed to him, but Humfrey should have bowed to a King. So he just gave him a curt nod.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Myriah said to Humfrey firmly, and then turned her head to watch him leave. Once the door fell into its lock, she knelt down and Edrick ran into her arms. "Look who came all the way from Winterfell to see us."

"Father," Edrick answered, jolly, his big blue eyes gazing at Jon.

Though the boy seemed slightly darker of hair and skin, he looked just like Robb did in Jon's earliest memories of him. And that felt like an old wound had opened up again. Jon realized that whenever he wouldn't be able to look at Edrick and not grieve, for he had loved his brother and best friend and missed him dearly. He cupped his son's chin gently and tried to smile as kindly as he could at the moment. "Hello, Laddie."