Chapter 9

My birthday is today! I'm finally 6. The whole mess with skipping has been resolved and everything is all good. However it's my birthday today! I'm so happy! I get out of bed, still in my pjs and walk down stairs to smell the sweet smell of french toast and breakfast sausages.

At the table is my Uncle and Aunt, "Happy birthday!"

I smile and run up to them, "Thank you!" I say as I hug them. I see my Uncle suppressing a coughing fit and try not to frown but I know he is dying. No being sad, be happy for him.

I sit down in my seat and we start eating. It was so good!

I finish eating and say, "Thank you!"

They smile, Uncle picks up a few packages and says, "Can't forget about the presesnts!"

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Uncle Kizashi hands me the presents and I start opening them. The first present was two beautiful summer yukatas. One was green with white flowers on it and the other was yellow with small white dots all over them. They had tank top sleeves and went slightly past my knees.

A huge grin spreads across my face, "They are beautiful! Thank you!"

Uncle and Aunt smile and I start opening my next gift. I rip off the wrapping and in it was a new set of kunais, sharpener and polish. "Thank you! Thank you!"

I open my second to last gift and it was a sketch pad with many different colored and shading pencils. I gasp, I have been needing a new sketch book! "Thank you!"

They chuckle at me. I start opening my last present from them. In it is a beautiful katana. It's handle was black with a pink string, the same color as my hair, that wrapped around the handle and came off of it with my initials, S.U.H. Sakura Ukikurou Haruno. Yes, I have two first names, strange, I know. The hilt was also black with red sakura flowers on it. It was absolutely amazing!

A hug smile spread across my face, "Thank you so much!"

Uncle Kizashi smiles down at me, "Itachi-san said he would be coming over today and said he will take you somewhere. Hurry and get ready."

"Okay," I quickly grab the yellow yukata and run up to my bathroom to wash up and get ready for the day.

I come out of the bathroom with the yellow yukata on and my shoulder length hair in a loose ponytail. I hop down the stairs with a small smile on my face. For today I'm just going to act like a child my age with no care in the world. I wonder where Itachi will take me today.

Before I could ponder on it for too long, a knock on the door was heard and I knew it was Itachi because I recognised his chakra signature.

I quickly made my way to the door and opened it. I smile and look up at Itachi, "Itachi-kun! I'm so happy to see you!"

I could see a hint of a smile on his face and I moshion him to come in, "It's also nice to see you, Sakura-chan."

Those words, no, every time he speaks, it sends a wave of warmth over me like no one else can. I don't know what it is or why it happens.  I feel a little nervous and my tummy will feel a little weird but besides that, I feel calm and safe. It feels amazing...and I love it. This is just weird.

We make our way over to the kitchen where my Aunt and Uncle are in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast. "Aunt Mibuki, Uncle Kizashi, Itachi and I will be leaving now! We'll be back before dinner!"

They smile at me, "Bye, Sakura! Have fun and stay safe."

***

"Itachi, where are you bringing me?"

Itachi and I where walking down the main road of Konoha and than we turn onto a side road.

Itachi chuckles, "You'll see when we get there."

I grumble a little, "Fine."

We end up walking all the way to the edge of the village, a part where I have never been and in front of us is a field of Sakura trees. I gasp, "Itachi! This is amazing!"

"Come on, I have a picnic set up for us."

Itachi guides me around some of the Sakura trees and under one is a blanket with a picnic basket on it. Itachi and I sit down on it. I look up at the sky, it was beautiful. Only one or two clouds could be seen in the bright blue sky. A few birds flew by and it was absolutely beautiful.

I lay my head in Itachi's lap and start to play with his hair, "Thank you, Itachi. This is amazing," I said than sat up and gave him a kiss on the check.

Itachi looks at me surprised and maybe, just maybe has some red on his face, "W-why did you kiss me?" I get a little nerves. I hope I didn't do anything wrong but he doesn't seem mad or upset.

I look away from his face and at the seenary around us while pocking my index finger together, "Well, Aunty says people kiss to show that they care about someone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I deeply apologize for not updating for months. Here is this cute and innocent chapter for you.